Fossils And Dhelmise.

I made sure that all of the fossils I recovered from yesterday were safely in the bag then I walked into the main area with Mimikyu on my shoulder as usual and Dragapult following behind me.

I then heard Mallow, Sophocles and Lillie talking about something but all I could make out was Moomoo milk?

"H-hey guys!" I called out as they all turned to look at me.

"Oh hey Yana! Want to come along to my place?" Kiawe offered.

"No thanks, I-I wanna give these fossils to my brother who is on his way to Akala island right now b-but if I have time afterwards then I could come over.." I explained.

"Oh alright." Kiawe replied.

"S-so, Lana and Ash. W-Where are you guys going?" I asked.

"We're going to fish for the biggest Pokemon!" Ash exclaimed holding out a fishing rod.

"Okay.. H-Have fun!" I said as I walked out and hopped on Dragapult.

We flew to the docks and waited, in the meantime Dragapult was swimming in the water while Mimikyu was looking at its reflection in the water.

I then saw a shadow go behind a cliff but paid no mind to it. I then noticed a boat coming on sight.

"Dragapult get back here!" I called out as it swam back and sat on the dock.

"Draga!" It cried as I pet it and I stood up.

When the boat reached the dock it stopped and out came my brother, Lohan.

"Yana! How have you been?" He said while he practically squeezed me.

"I'm doing fine Lohan! Please let go!" I pleaded, thankfully he let go.

"So are these the fossils?" He said pointing at my bag.

I nodded and gave it to him, he got on the boat again and I followed. He placed the bag on a table and took a look at the fossils.

"Wow! A fully intact Kabuto fossil! Awesome job Yana!" Lohan said as he picked up the fossil.

"Oh right, look at this." I took out the fossilized rose and showed it to him.

"Let me see that.." He said as he looked at it with a microscope.

"Oh! This has some Pokemon DNA! Whaddya say Yana? Want me to restore this? You can keep the Pokemon." Lohan offered.

"Wow really? Sure!" I gleefully accepted.

"Thanks for the fossils sis! I'm so glad I have some new research!" He said as he nuzzled my head.

"Your welcome. Please stop that!" I pleaded.

"Come on! You're my little sister and I love you." Lohan pouted.

"I know and I love you too but please stop it!" I cried before he finally let me go.

"Anyway I gotta get these to the lab now, thanks again sis!" Lohan said as I got off the boat.

"Bye!" I waved at him as he waved back. His boat started up and left the dock. It was now getting out of my sight.

However I saw that shadow again and decided to follow it.

"Dragapult!" I called out as I put Mimikyu in its Pokeball.

I hopped on the saddle and Dragapult dived down as I held my breath. I slowly opened my eyes and saw the sight of a large anchor being dragged to the side.

Dragapult swam towards it and hid behind the rocks and laid my eyes on a Dhelmise. It's one of the ghost type Pokemon that has been on my list for a while.

It then suddenly sent an Anchor Shot at us. Dragapult dodged and went up to the surface as I was running out of air.

As soon as I got out of the water I gasped and breathed heavily, the Dhelmise then used Hyper Beam.

"Use Dragon Pulse!" I commanded as it obliged and countered the Hyper Beam

"Dragon Darts!" I called out as it sent it's Dreepy flying towards the Dhelmise and hit.

It then used Hydro Pump and Dragapult narrowly dodged it.

"Now use Draco Meteor!" I said as Dragapult shot out a beam which exploded into meteors and hit Dhelmise, when I saw the spirals in its eyes I threw a Pokeball at it.

Twitch..

Twitch..

Twitch..

Ding!

I flew down and grabbed the Pokeball.

"I just caught a Dhelmise!!" I almost full on shouted but managed to calm down.

I decided to go check out the places where the others searched for the treasure hunt yesterday. In Ash's path he passed by 8 fossils, Sophocles passed by 19 fossils, Lana passed by 3 fossils, Kiawe passed by 6 fossils and Mallow somehow managed to pass by 23 fossils.

It's understandable though, fossils look like regular rocks until you take a closer look. When you're up against a time limit and only focusing on finding a fossil which is cracked open already makes you pass by many fossils that are waiting to be opened.

I guess I should leave them alone, in case other researchers want to look for fossils.

I decided to test out the Firium Z I found yesterday. I flew to an empty area and looked for a target, I spotted a boulder and landed.

I let Chandelure out from its Pokeball and it sparkled as it came out. I replaced my Mimikium Z with the Firium Z and got into position.

"Chandelure, we're going to test out a Z-Move, okay?" I asked.

"Chandelure!" It replied.

"Alrighty..." I remembered how Kiawe used Inferno Overdrive.

I put my arms in a cross motion which activated the Z-Move, me and Chandelure then bonded our Z-Power.

"The burning passion of the ghostly realm... May the spirits escape infernal blaze! Use Inferno Overdrive!" I shouted the command as Chandelure made a giant fireball and shot it at the boulder.

It exploded and when the smoke cleared the boulder was no longer there.

"Chan! Chandelure!" Chandelure cheered.

"We did it! We used Inferno Overdrive!!" I said hugging Chandelure.

"Let's go back into your Pokeball now." I said as I returned it to its Pokeball, I hopped on Dragapult's saddle and flew back to the Pokemon Center because it was getting dark.

Time skip

"This is what you've been waiting for!" Olivia said as she handed the finished Z-Ring to Lana.

"Thanks so much! It's beautiful." Lana said as she slipped it on her wrist and placed a Waterium Z on it.

"Whoa! That's great. Looks so cool." Ash complimented.

"Lana. it can't be." Mallow said.

"But is it?" Lillie followed.

"Waterium Z, and I got it by catching Mega Gyarados." Lana said. Obviously she was joking because there's no such thing as a wild Mega Gyarados but the others (except Ash) almost believed it.

"Kidding!" Lana said sticking her tongue out as they groan from her joke.

'Atleast she's having fun I guess?' I thought to myself as I shook my head.

Afterwards I told them that I checked out the paths they took yesterday and told them how many fossils they passed by, to say they were disappointed was an understatement.

The day ended with Chandelure learning a Z-Move and me catching a Dhelmise.
_________________________________________

1194 words.

I posted this chapter at 8:48 p.m which is nighttime for me so after this I'm going to sleep lmao.

As the journey continues!