06. incandescent

these memories
each one sharp as a thorn
yet so supple

Fluttering your eyes open, the sudden feelings of pain and coldness completely gone

Fluttering your eyes open, the sudden feelings of pain and coldness completely gone. Instead the hard ground replaced those uncomfortable feelings. Blue hues replaced the pitch black vision you once faced.

"Ugh..." you groaned propping yourself up to your knees as you ran your hand across your face, your vision finally stabilizing  as you noticed the place you were in.

It was like an endless void. The only thing lighting up the place was the ground you kneeled upon. It was a transparent blue, the sides shining brighter than the bridge itself. It resembled that of glass.

Carefully getting up you looked up and around, fearing that the floor below you would break upon your weight. It was cold, and most importantly empty.

" (y/n)" a voice echoed through the void as you looked around, turning your body all around to see where the voice was coming from. Though through the emptiness, it still frightened you a bit.

" it's not to late for you master (L/N)" the familiar warm tone suddenly became much more clear. Turning around once again you became face to face with the long haired Jedi.

"Master Qui-Gon" surprise laced in your voice. You've heard of force ghost, or even the world between worlds. But truly you didn't believe it. But now that you were here, experiencing it for the first time. It shocked you.

" your time was cut so short little one, I was almost wondering if there was a mistake" he approached you, his hands behind his back as he stood a few feet from you now. The blue hues of the bridge reflecting on his skin. Giving him a phantom like appearance.

" a mistake? I'm not sure I completely follow" you furrowed your brows as you shook your head slightly " come now, there's much more to explain" he motioned you to follow as he walked further down the bridge.

Almost like a blink you were transported to what seemed to be where you died. Though now the only thing there was debris and fallen storm troopers. You stood next to Qui-Gon as he pointed to Obi-wan and Ahsoka. Their backs where turned towards your direction and you can only presume that they where mourning over your dead body.

"You see this wasn't the fate that was bestowed upon you. Actually you had escaped it long ago" Qui-Gon spoke up while watching the two Jedi's mourn. You wonder if they were preparing you for a Jedi funeral.

You peeled your eyes away from the sight to focus your attention to the older Jedi. "Your death was said to bring balance to the force. But you had survived. Assuming that the Senators warning had deterred you from that path long ago."

You turned back to watch that they had prepared a different ceremony. It was tradition that a fallen Jedi would be casted upon flames. To commemorate their bravery and sacrifice. Instead Ahsoka has placed flowers onto your wounds and obiwan had seemed to wrap your body in a soft velvet sheet, you were to be buried.