𝟎𝟐. 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲

It was a fine morning when you woke up, the sun was beaming with all its might and the shivering breeze of cold wind hit the leaves of the forest trees surrounding your home, making them sway as if they were dancing with each other

To say that you enjoy being under the sun was far from the truth, you were never truly fond of it. The feeling of sunny rays hitting your skin and making you sweat all over your body was akin to torture to you—but you pushed forward anyways and ignored the annoying stickiness.

After convincing Nana to let you go into town again, you promised to bring her back some wine and bread from the merchants here, though you were more attracted towards the idea of stealing them more than buying them cause it would be such a hassle to waste such precious gold coins for some stupid 'wine and bread'. You laughed at the thought, like it was the funniest joke you've ever heard.

"Get in dear! Hurry, he's coming!"

Hushed whispers were heard once you've made it to town, civilians demanding their children to get inside their homes and lock their doors, men and women running into their abodes like terrified cats on a stormy day.

Well, this isn't what you expected when you arrived to Tombstone.

'What's going on? Don't tell me my reputation has shaken people's boots now.' You joked in your head, though it seems that it was another thing that was making these people run like scared children.

You got off Eli with a thud and tied him to a pillar, curiosity lingering in your mind as you inspected the now deserted town that was full of life probably not even a minute ago. Uneasiness crept in the back of your mind, telling you to get out of this God forsaken town and go to another. But nevertheless you decided to go onwards and see who's the person making all this fuss–you couldn't help it, you were attracted to trouble.

The sound of heavy boots thudding on the ground near you almost made your heart jump out of your chest. Your head whipped behind you only to be greeted by a single scene of a man wearing a brown cowboy hat and matching colored boots while smoking a half finished cigarette. To say that this man was intimidating was an understatement. His tan skin was glistening from the sunlight cascading upon him.

He wrapped his pointer and middle finger around the cigarette and tossed it behind him. "So," He started.

"Aren't ya gonna run away, pretty boy?"

There was a momentary pause between the two of you, the sun blazed alight upon the bright blue sky while eagles were cawing non stop, encircling above the two individuals having a so-called "staring contest" like a whirlpool. Getting out of your stunned daze, the expression you gave to the tan man was akin to a mad cat.

"Who the hell are you callin' pretty boy, old fool?!" The so-called "pretty boy" barked at the man across from him.

The old fool only looked at the fella across from him with bored eyes, like a hunter analyzing his prey's every move. "Y'know... ya kinda look familiar to me. You from round here son?" He squints upon further inspection. 'No' the word briefly flew across your mind but it left as quickly as it came, "Yeah i am, you gotta problem?"