Remembrance

July 1, 1945

Rainer's pov

I've been waiting for almost an hour. We're in the hospital, my wife is currently giving birth to our son inside the O.R.

I'm sitting in a chair, my legs won't stop shaking uncontrollably.

What's taking them so long...

I stood up when the door opened. The doctor came to me, taking off his mask and smiling. "Go inside, your family's waiting for you."

I smiled and nodded at him, bowing before hurriedly going inside to see my family.

As I walked in, my wife saw me and smiled at me. "He's adorable."

I felt a tear slide down my cheeks as I approached them. "...can I carry him?"

She just smiled at me as I slowly, carefully, carried our child.

I noticed a mole on his left cheeks.

"Have you noticed them?"

I looked at my wife.

"Reminds us of him, huh?"

I stopped for a second and stared at our son, I chuckled and put him back gently to his mother's chest.

"...yeah, seriously, that guy left a remembrance for us, huh?"

We both chuckled.

A nurse came in, "What would you like to name him?" She smiled.

My wife and I looked at each other with a smile. I glanced back at the nurse.

"Arnie... Kaiji Arnie." I smiled.

"Kaiji Arnie, what a very nice name indeed. I'm sure he'll grow to be a strong and loving man." The nurse replied.

My wife held my hand and smiled, "I'm sure he will."