Danger in the ocean and on the ship

Wooyoung, Yunho and Jongho always talked about how fun it was to go swimming and how much they enjoyed it. It was almost as if they were indirectly telling the three younger runaway princes that they were okay to dive into the ocean. So that was exactly what they did. Mingi went first, trying to be as brave and unbothered as possible. As soon as he was off the ship, San and Yeosang followed him without a care. They were having fun and splashing each other with the salty liquid, not even noticing that danger was approaching. Mingi noticed first, one hand flying up to point at the approaching danger. 

"Back to the ship!" Yeosang ordered, already swimming that way. Mingi and San were right behind him and got to the ship first. San waited for Yeosang, grabbing him by the arm and climbing back to the ship just as the shark reached them, its gaping jaws and shiny teeth barely missing Yeosang's leg. 

"Are you okay?" San wondered, as they finally reached the deck. Yeosang nodded, not offering a verbal response. He was too shaken up to even offer anything more than a shaky nod. 

"What were you three thinking!? Have you lost your minds?" Hongjoong came storming over, with Seongwha right behind him. Hongjoong caught San first, turning him to the side and giving him three loud, sharp slaps to his backside. They sounded a lot worse than they felt due to his clothes still being wet. But still, they hurt plenty and San was left pouting, rubbing his bottom. Hongjoong got Yeosang next, leaving the younger squirming and trying to dance away from him. A few tears trickled down his face once Hongjoong finished and moved on to Mingi, but he tried to hide those by rubbing an arm over his face so that no one would notice. 

"They said it would be fine!" Mingi pointed accusingly at Yunho, Jongho and Wooyoung, all of which took on a more innocent stance. 

"We did not! Honest, captain, all we have done is talk about how much we can't wait to dock so that we can go swimming. The weather is getting better so it's the perfect time" Wooyoung explained. Hongjoong pinched the bridge of his nose; his crew was going to be the end of him. It was like wrangling a pack of wild toddlers. Though, he did sometimes forget that they were all eighteen and Jongho was only seventeen so, in a way, they were just a pack of wild toddlers. Overgrown toddlers that enjoyed seeing each other get in trouble and took it as a form of entertainment in the middle of the ocean with no other entertainment around. 

"That's not fair! You never mentioned anything about waiting until we docked!" Yeosang cut in.

"And did they have to?" Hongjoong snapped. Yeosang gaped at him, unsure why he was the one being yelled at. 

"Did they have to mention that for you to use some common sense!? Ocean equals sharks and other things that you do not want to even know about. I know you guys grew up in a sheltered life but you must know that there are dangers in the ocean!?" Hongjoong scolded. No one said anything; he was right.

"Hongjoong-" Seongwha, the perfect little peacekeeper, stepped forward and put a hand On his captain's arm. Hongjoong gently pushed him off, catching Seongwha's hand and kissing it.

"Yes. The answer is yes and you know why too" Hongjoong nodded, kissing Seongwha's hand again before dropping it. Seongwha just sighed and nodded; he would not intervene anymore. Not after what happened last time he tried to protect his family; Hongjoong found out that Seongwha was lying to him and it was ten times worse because of it. 

"You three, my room now. And as for you three, well, Seongwha will take care of you?" Hongjoong didn't mean to phrase it as a question as he turned to the older boy. Seongwha nodded once; they were switching kids for the time being. Just perfect. Seongwha wasn't sure how much Yunho, Jongho and Wooyoung would respect his authority as their second in command but he hoped that it was more than he was thinking. 

"Him!? Talk!" Wooyoung screeched before Hongjoong could leave, causing the captain to turn around and come back. Wooyoung put his hands up placatingly as Hongjoong advanced on him, catching his arm and turning him to the side.

SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK

"Yes him! And if you don't want to have another conversation with me later, you will not give him any trouble and you will do what he says! Is that clear to all of you?" Hongjoong leveled his three kids with a stern glare. They all nodded, Wooyoung still pouting, as Hongjoong finally turned to leave, escorting San, Mingi and Yeosang downstairs. Seongwha said a silent prayer for them and then turned to his three miscreants. Hongjoong was trusting him; he could not mess this up. 

"Wooyoung, come here" Seongwha held out a loving hand to the middle of the three. 

"But I already-" Wooyoung whined. Seongwha took his hand, pulling Wooyung over to him.

"You already got spanked for mouthing off to Hongjoong. This is for manipulating my brother and cousins into deciding to take a swim in the middle of the ocean. You all knew what you were doing and you knew it was wrong. Did you think it would be funny if they got hurt? What if they didn't see that shark until it was too late?" Seongwha lectured. Wooyoung hung his head; he hadn't thought of that. 

"That's why your in trouble. Though not as much as those three down there, they knew better but you did too" Seongwha tugged Wooyoung closer to him and turned him to the side.

SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK

"All done, love. Are you okay?" Seongwha cupped Wooyoung's face in his hand. Wooyoung nodded, crying very softly so the oldest wiped his tears away and kissed his forehead before sending Wooyoung off to wait and calling Yunho over to him next and doing the same, giving him the same lecture as well even though both Jongho and Yunho had already heard what Seongwha had said to Wooyoung. Pretty soon, Seongwha had two kids on either side of him and one resting comfortably on his lap as always. 

"You three are on house arrest the next time we dock. I'm sure the same goes for the others too" Seongwha decided. He knew that was one thing that Hongjoong was going to issue. 

"But-" Wooyoung raised his head to argue. Seongwha shushed him and started petting his hair, causing Wooyoung to put his head back down and quietly mope. He was hoping to take San to look at some of the shops on their next stop but that was a lost cause now. Even if Hongjoong didn't put Yeosang, San and Mingi on house arrest, Wooyoung respected Seongwha too much to break his own sentence so he would be stuck on the ship no matter what. 

Just perfect. 

___________________________________
So I know this request was about Yeosang, San and Mingi but I wanted to focus more on Seongwha's relationship with Yunho, Wooyoung and Jongho. The more I write this story, especially chapters like this, the more I realize that this is literally just two remarried(Hongjoong and Seongwha) parents trying to manage taking care of each others kids and sharing responsibility