Chapter 12 - Beautiful Boy

Close your eyes,

Close your eyes,

Have no fear.

The monster's gone,

he's on the run

and your daddy's here.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful,

Beautiful Boy.

☽◯☾

Stiles stared at Isaac's closed door, wondering if she should talk to him but hearing enough of his quiet whimpers to know that he wouldn't answer her.

At least she had gotten him to eat something while she cleaned up the vacant room before he sheltered himself in it.

She'd not been able to properly look him in the eye; not when she picked him up, not when she helped him out of her jeep, not when she sat him down on their table with a simple PB and jelly in front of him so she could free up the room she had once offered to Derek.

It wasn't just guilt that was driving her, but pure and utter shame.

Shame over how weak she was to Peter's call.

Stiles had known he'd been calling for her more than he had Scott, but he had never been able to get her much further than down the street, most of the time she'd feel the call and keep awake and aware, picking apart everything from dreams or her surroundings, but it had been different that time.

He'd made her angry, had dug up a part of herself she didn't even know existed, and used it to pull her strings.

It was terrifying.

It was embarrassing.

To come face to face with the fact she was weaker than Peter, than Scott-

To know all he had to do to get her to go that far was to stoke her rage?

Shit, she had known she was having problems with her anger, with controlling the shift despite how... accepting about it she had seemed, but Stiles hadn't really thought it'd get that far.

She had believed she had a plot armor, like real Stiles, who though still human, had always been right or somewhat safe.

Oh, Stiles was woman enough to admit that she didn't exactly care about Isaac's dad. If she had to take a life, she was almost glad it had been his.