Damon

Going for a swim was Bonnie's idea.

And so was mini-golf, baking another pie, and pretty much anything that didn't have to do with talking about what happened three days ago. Damon knew when someone was avoiding having a conversation about something. Hell, he was the king of that. But as much as he wanted to forget the flash of red in Bonnie's eyes after she finished drinking his blood, he couldn't. 

Sitting on the edge of the riverbank, he stared out into the water waiting for his little witch to break the surface. She had been underneath for five minutes now. It felt like a much longer time had gone by but he knew that was only because he wanted to talk to her. 

"Bonnie," he called, hoping she would answer. 

She didn't.

Another minute went by.

Six minutes.

One minute longer than the average human can hold their breath underwater. Alarm surged through his body but before he could jump in after Bonnie, she came up for air, whipping back her head so fast that water spewed from her wet hair. "That was amazing!" she coughed out.

Damon waded in. "What was amazing?" he asked, coming to a stop in front of her. "The fact that I called you and you didn't answer or the fact that you could've died. What were you thinking?"

"I just wanted to see how long I could hold my breath." She slapped his chest, her fingers lingering against skin before he relunctantly pushed her hand away. "Pretty good, huh?"

"No, Bonnie. It's not pretty good." He felt his eyebrows sink together. "You've been acting really different lately, and I think it's time we talk about it."

Bonnie laughed. It was a real life, one he knew she dug out of her soul. He would've savored the sweet sound, if he wasn't so angry. Her green eyes flashed at him. They're green, Damon. Not red. He reminded himself that every time he looked at her, yet the reminder didn't do much to comfort him. 

"You need to stop worrying about me, Damon, and just have fun." Her hands disappeared underneath the water, causing it to whirl around them. With the whisper of a few words, it surged up into the air and rained down around them. 

Wiping the water out of his eyes, Damon grabbed his witch's hand. "That's it. We're getting out of here."

Bonnie didn't protest as he led her to land. She let him pull her out of the river but the moment their feet were touching the ground, she barrelled into him. The move was so unexpected and strong that it caused him to fall onto his back with her landing on top of him. If this were any other situation, Damon would've thought it was sexy having her hovering over him with wet hair and an even wetter swimsuit. Who was he kidding? It was sexy. But now wasn't the time to drool over Bonnie, when she clearly has lost her mind. 

"I'm a little thirsty, Damon," she purred, a dazed look in her eyes. He watched them closely to make sure they didn't change color. 

"Go get yourself something to drink out of the cooler and get off of me." He tried to push her off but she stayed put like a mountain or anchor. When the heck did she get so strong?

"I said" the expression on the witch's face darkened. "I'm thirsty." 

And that's when it happened. Her eyes. Her beautiful green eyes morphed into an ugly shade of red and her teeth, her normal human teeth were now pointed at the ends like fangs. Damon tried to push her off again but something froze him in place. A spell. Bonnie put a spell on him and now he couldn't move. He couldn't speak either. When he tried to talk, the words caught in his throat. The only thing he could do was watch as her mouth descended on him like a hawk swooping down to get it's prey. She pressed her lips to the flesh of his throat like a kiss but he knew that wasn't  what she was going to do.