CHAPTER 5-MATT

Earlier before the meeting when both the teams were called and while we were waiting, I heard Trevor's team belittling Taylor and making fun of her. Even in their hungover state, they were shits. They not only talked bad about Taylor but also about other girls. The whole team was disgusting and I couldn't just understand why Taylor would be friends with Trevor. It's not that I thought high of Taylor, but I think high of Olivia, and if Oliva had rented her House she cherished the most to someone at half price....then that person had to be something special enough, to be in Olivia's good books. And Taylor was not just in her good books, but apparently on top to be able to live in her house. So that's why I just couldn't understand how Trevor and Taylor could be friends.

"Dude, stop eavesdropping on their conversation!" Sean told me but I shake my head.

"They are talking about Tay-Tay" I say him and he sighs.

"Dude, that's Trevor's girl, she is not a good news  stay away from her even if she's your new neighbor" he says but do I listen? NOP. Instead I continue to eavesdrop on the Vulture's conversation. Perfect name for their team. VULTURES.

"Hey, I bet she will come running like a love sick puppy if Trevor calls her and asks her to bring him her hangover drink! That girl is that desperate for him" one of the teammate says to Trevor and he simply chuckles and goes along with it. But I could see hesitation in him, that he was not all into the conversation.

"Come on man, call her. Let's see how fast she can come here!" Gavin insists and Trevor finally calls her. It takes Taylor 20 minutes to reach here and that was pretty quick considering how far the apartment is. The guys start snickering and chuckling, passing around dollars on some bet they made. Trevor grew a bit conscious as Taylor walks towards him. I thought Taylor would be all sweet to him...based on how quickly she got here but instead she lifts her bag and hits Trevor across his shoulder and start scolding him. I smile feeling proud of this girl, that she didn't act all needy like how the team wanted her to act and instead acted like a concern friend that she is. The other guy disrespects her and she initially ignores him but then her eye settles on Trevor's expression and Anyone could see the immediate change in her eyes....her vibe. She snaps at him and instead of understand her, Trevor's goes all Misogynistic that earns him a literally non physical slap from Taylor because I could see the instant regret in his eyes as Taylor walks away  but the asshole  instead going after Taylor, sits back and tries to give excuse for Taylor's behavior.

What a dick! I grind my jaw angrily at how messed up that team is. I briefly look at Taylor who was now walking out of the arena and her eyes fell on me for a second. Her eyes were fierce with anger and she didn't stop to exchange any greeting. But she didn't ignore me either.

"What's causing the lunar eclipse huh, Sunshine?" She says and keeps walking without waiting for my reply. It changed my mood from sour to sweet in a second. Even in her bad mood she notices my anger and called me out in a pun. She could have totally ignored me but instead She freaking nicknamed me! Sunshine. 

"Don't smile like that Matt! That's not good" Kol warns but I simply shrug.

Looking back at Trevor who already had his eyes on me, I glared back at him. He didn't deserved Taylor if he wasn't going to have her back. And it was that moment I decided I was going to separate him and Taylor. 

The meeting was a shit. They just cancelled one game for them as a punishment and let them go. The mood was already sour..so I decided to call Oliva.

"Hey Olive, how's it going?" I  say her as soon as she pick up

"I'm gonna assume you are calling to ask about Taylor? Given how you never call me during my work hours and it is currently my working hour!" she replies swiftly but held a questionable grudge.