Chapter 49

Chapter 49

Ahana

I was in the garden trying to talk to Mira about how I am getting engaged tomorrow between her talking or rather scolding me non-stop.

"If you won't stop I will cut the call" I threatened her

"First you are getting married and second you are getting engaged tomorrow and third you didn't even inform me about and now you are even threatening me, wow god wow" Just Mira and her antics, when I first met I thought she would be some someone to keep her distance from everyone but then we got along so well.

"So you are saying, you don't want to go shopping with me today for my tomorrow engagement and you won't be my bridesmaid at the wedding which is next month" I stifle my laugh

"What, you are getting married next month, MY GOD!!!!" She shrieked 

I can imagine the look on her face right now, a chuckle came out which I tried to stifle perfectly.

"Are you coming with me or not, Mira?" I tried to say it as seriously as I could stifling my laugh.

"Of course, I am coming, My best friend is getting married to my boss, it's some sort of bookish story I feel like I am a part of " she giggled

"Okay dramebaaz, meet me at the mall in the afternoon"

"Okay Mrs. Malhotra" she just teased me, before she hung up

Wow, first Aryan, then, Mira, everybody just behind teasing me.

I was about to turn and enter when he spoke in his deep masculine voice right beside my ear, "Is there a reason you are all scarlet"

And out of instinct I turned and damn it, that was a wrong move. I didn't realize before turning that he was right behind me. Now I am standing too close to him, we are now breathing the same air, and our lips could touch, if any of us moved even an inch, we just stared at each other, lost in each other eyes.

our trance broke with Aryan teasing shouting.   

"Guys, you will get the time, but you need to wait till the wedding" Aryan ran after that.

"Stupid" Ahaan muttered glaring at him

We heard Dadi from inside the house, "Ahaan, Ahana, come let's eat before you guys leave for shopping"

We just smiled at each other and walked inside the house.

Once seated at the dining table, "Dadi, are you not coming with us for shopping" I asked

"I do have to go shopping once Aryan will be back from the market." She said while making a morsel. 

"You can come with us Dadi" Ahaan Offered

"Naah, tmlog jao, thoda ek dusre ke baare me jano" Dadi brushed us off by shaking her hand

"No, you guys go, get to know each other"

"Dadi, Mira is coming with us, you can also come"

"Mira went with Aryan" she smiled looking at me

"Traitor" I muttered under my breathe

"Finish the food and get going, we don't have much time" Dadi said in her stern voice

"Okay, okay," we both said in unison and glanced at each other smiling

After filling our stomachs till we couldn't breathe we left.

Time flew by and finally after three hours after selecting our dresses, I just can't explain how hot he was looking in the peach color kurta, damn no wonder girls are crazy for him, but alas he is mine, and that thought made me giddy, I couldn't take me eyes off him, he looks so beautiful, I was in my thought, so I didn't hear him, "Ahana, what do you want to have?"

"What?" confused I looked at him

He smiled and man this man's smile should be illegal, "I said, what do you want to have?"

Since my brain was still fogged with his images in that kurta, "Whatever you are having, I am okay with it"

"Okay "

After a few minutes, he came back with fried rice, paneer chili, and two chocolate shakes.

We kept stealing glances and no one broke the silence, and that is the thing I noticed even though this silence with him is so comfortable, we can communicate through it also, and I have a feeling that this marriage will work, and I felt content with the thought.

I am not scared anymore, I can trust him, I can trust myself with him.

"Can we take a brownie, I am full now, but I want to eat that on the way" My eyes widened the moment the words left my mouth.

"Of course, wait here, I will be back" he smiled patted my hand, and left

Did I just say that he won't think, I am demanding or anything, right?

I could have just gotten it by myself, how I am going to live through it,

what would he think of me?

I was debating with myself when he came and tapped my shoulder. "Let's go" 

He took all the shopping bags and handed me the brownie packet, I just kept looking at him.

It's been a few minutes, and we were on our way back, I was nervous and I guess he sensed it, "Ahana"

"Yes" I replied looking anywhere but him. 

He parked the car on the side, took my hand, and squeezed it, "look at me" the way he said it. He was not asking but he was demanding. 

I was avoiding looking at him, how could I, he held my chin with his thumb and forefinger and made me look at him, "You can demand anything you want from me, you know, you are my wife. Whatever is mine is all yours. I am yours."

"Wife..." My body tingles when he says it. I was trying to recover from the comment my wife and he short-circuited my brain by saying "I am yours"

"Don't ever think twice before asking anything, you are the one who has the authority over me to demand anything" With the intensity he was staring at me, If I had been an ice cream I would have melted by now.

"Ohh..." that's the only thing I could have said, with his words fogging my mind.

He didn't leave my hand all the way home, and there was a well of emotion and sensation I was feeling, I can't put what to name any of them.

Every time I see him, my heart flutters, it feels like I can't breathe, and my body goes warm and cold at the same time.

It was evening by the time we reached home, after freshening up, we showed what we bought for the engagement, and Dadi loved it.

After a while Aryan came, and we had our dinner earlier, cause tomorrow is going to be a hectic day.

I caught him staring at me when we were walking towards my room, and it's different than any other time when he looked at me before, this looks intense.

"Good night Ahana" he caressed my cheek, put a hairlock behind my ear, and just stared at me for a moment and then just left, I was dumbstruck in the middle of the staircase.

Update!!Like and commentThanks for reading💜🫰