Engagement Day💍

Chapter 50

Ahana

"Ahana, where did you keep the earrings? " Mira shouted, after turning my cupboard upside down.

I was getting ready for engagement, in the crepe color organza embroidered saree, I made a low bun of my hair, keeping some locks loose in front.

"It's on the bed" I called out for her.

She came back with the earring, "you look beautiful, Mira" I said when I looked at her through the mirror.

She was wearing a nice green embroidered anarkali with a front slit, her shiny black hair cascading down her shoulder, she looks gorgeous.

"And you look stunning, Ahaan sir is not going to take his eyes off you" she winked and I flushed

"Ohh, look someone is blushing hard" Aryan teased from the door of my room.

"You both leave," I said quite sternly.

"Ohh, Bhai is going to have a hard time" They both shared a look and left giggling.

I was finishing my look when Mira came, "Let's get you engaged babe"

"Yeah" My heart was pounding inside my ribcage, my anxiety was at its peak, and I felt on edge. It's not like I am not sure about this wedding. But I never thought of getting married. So, whatever I am feeling is very new. 

Mira held my hand and we left my room, in a moment I was in the hall, and I felt every eye on me, and without even looking at him, I felt his intense gaze, and that increased my anxiousness.

Mira led me to sit beside him, I could feel his gaze on me, I kept looking at my hand and fumbling with my fingers.

"Ok, it's time" Dadi announced

She brought a plate full of rose petals where two ring boxes were placed, Mira brought an Aarti ki thali.

Pandit Ji asked him to put a handkerchief on his head and me to put my saree pallu over my head, Mira came and helped me do it.

After Pandit Ji was done with his mantra, and gave his blessing to the ring and us, he told us to put the ring on each other.

Mira handed both of us our rings, Ahaan forwarded his hand in front of me, and I placed my hand in his, he held it gently and gave it a little squeeze, and the knot that was there when I left the room, vanished, he leaned a bit and whispered so that only I can hear, "look at me, Ahana"

I closed my eyes for a moment when I heard his deep voice. His voice does something to my system. slowly I raised my eyes and looked at him, and damn my breath got stuck in my throat, he looks beautiful. His cinnamon eyes stared at me with an emotion I couldn't decipher.

He placed the ring on my ring finger, the metal felt foreign, cold against my finger, but it felt right. I feel different, I can't decipher the feeling but it's different, I have never felt like this.

It was my time he placed his hand on mine, we hadn't broken eye contact, I placed the ring on his and emotions swirled in his eyes.

He clasped my hand in his, everybody showered us with flowers, it felt like a dream for me.

We took our blessings from Dadi and Pandit Ji.

"You look beautiful" he whispered in my ear, my stomach was filled with butterflies, and my whole body tingled, "you also look handsome" I wanted to say beautiful because he does look beautiful but men prefer handsome over beautiful so handsome it is then.

"Okay love birds, we have to eat, aapka pet to pyaar se bhar jayega, par hme khana hai" Aryan and there is another guy said in unison and laughed

"Okay love birds, we have to eat, Your stomach might be filled with love, but we have to eat"

Ahaan glared at them, and said "Let's go"

When we were all seated at the dining table, Ahaan introduced me to the other man who just teased us.

"Ahana, this is Rehaan, my friend" he introduced me to a well-built man, like he could scare the devil if he wanted to, with his features he looked handsome, but not more than my Ahaan. 

My Ahaan, WOW. Me and my nonsense thought. 

"Just friend, wow...I am not hurt at all...Bhabhi ji I am his best actually not just best but bestest and only friend" Rehaan kept his hand at his heart like it was really hurting.

I smiled and nodded, "If you ever want to know his funny and embarrassing stories, you know whom to contact" Rehaan smiled and gave me a salute just to tease Ahaan.

"You  have a death wish" Ahaan glared and Rehaan

Rehaan ignored Ahaan and he started talking to Dadi but his focus was somewhere else, I tried to follow his gaze, and then ohhooooo, he kept glancing at Mira, and she was glaring at him, did something happen here that I missed, I have to ask her, what's going on here.

I shivered when I felt his hot breath on my neck and his feathery deep voice in my ear, "What are you thinking so hard?"

I jerked and looked at him, he smirked, "Nothing" I muttered

"Then why are you not eating, did you not like the food?" he traced my palm with his forefinger and goosebumps spread all over my skin.

"I...I...I am eating" I tried to focus on food, why nobody is talking to us, everyone is busy talking to each other no one is talking to us.

I just had morsel of Pulao, when Aryan spoke "Where do you guys want to go on your honeymoon" The food went to the wrong pipe and I coughed till my eyes watered, Ahaan kept patting my back, after I calmed down he made me drink few sip of water, still caressing my back.

"So caring bhai" Aryan smirked, and I glared at him.

"You guys still haven't answered the question" I looked at the Dadi for help but she was smiling, damn she was with them.

I dared not to look at him, but I could feel his gaze on me, when no one was looking at us he whispered in my ear

Update!!Like and commentThanks for reading💜🫰