Pretentious Gin

November 2022

Louis

Fluorescent light bulbs.

Beeping.

Salt.

These were the only things that were registering in Louis' brain.

Lights. Beeping. Salt.

His bones felt heavy, as if filled with cement. The small movements he could force his fingertips to make felt alien. A soft hum played through his ears.

Lights. Beeping. Salt

Where the hell am I?

He forced his eyeballs to move away from the lights,letting gravity lull them to the side. His chest felt heavy.

Oh shit. Oh fuck.

PANIC PANIC PANIC

He was in a hospital, he realised quickly enough. Simon was actually going to have him murdered for this. 6 feet under. Bye bye. No more Louis.

Fire.

Electricity.

Burnt hair.

PANIC PANIC PANIC

He could see the people in the room.

His brain was still not fully connecting, black and white dots swirling on the edge of his vision. Thoughts drifted away quicker than they appeared, still not processing the images he was seeing.

That's Liam. Okay.

That's Niall. Okay.

That's a Television. Okay.

That's...Harry.

A thick wave of nausea rolled from his stomach as his eyes landed on the curly headed man sitting in a small chair a few feet from him.

PANIC PANIC

The sweeping of his eyes seemed to last both half a second and 12 hours.

"LOUIS!" A thick Irish accent shouted. Niall.

What the fuck is he wearing?

Suddenly Niall and Harry were moving towards him.

Electricity.

Sharp.

Iron.

Another wave of nausea hit. Wait, not nausea. He was going to puke.

With every ounce of energy he had he threw himself to the left side. It felt like the unknown.

A small dark haired woman magically appeared next to him with a small bean shaped pan and expertly caught the dark purple liquid.

What the fuck is happening?

PANIC PANIC PANIC

They were all talking but Louis' brain was not taking any of it in.

Maybe 30 seconds went by,

Maybe 5 minutes,

Maybe 2 hours.

Lights. Beeping. Salt. Niall. Harry. Nausea. Liam.

Nurse. Tv. Chair. Mum. Bed. Iron. Blanket. Arms. "Please"

"What's happening" Beeping. Lights. Salt.

Zayn. Mum.

Zayn. Man.