Chapter 5

DogDay's POV:

I was awoken to my alarm clock going off at 6:30, which means it's time to get up and take my morning shower. I then realized me and CatNap were still in the same cuddling position as last night, that's cute. What was also cute was the fact that CatNap was making soft cute little exhales.

I kissed him on his forehead and went to the bathroom to take a shower. I turned the lever and pulled up the bar that made the shower head let out water instead of the faucet. While the water was heating up, I decided to cuddle CatNap for a little longer.

"Good morning puppy." I heard him say to me, I was caught a little off guard, I thought he was asleep. "Good morning my moon." I said, then kissed him, "I was about to take a shower. So if we want to be more efficient you gotta take one with me." "Alright, fine, I'll take one with you." He said, agreeing to take a shower with me.

"Oh yeah, uhh, sorry. I only have vanilla scented fur wash." I said. "No, no, don't be sorry. I won't mind." He said, making me feel better. We then both continued to enjoy cuddling each other until CatNap asked me, "Uhh, is your shower still running?" "Oh, yeah, let's go."

I stepped into the shower first, letting the warm water run through my fur and getting the dirty stuff out of it and down the drain. CatNap got in after me and did the same while I got behind him and got the fur wash, scrubbing it well into my fur so I would look nice, clean, and get the dirty stuff out that the water alone couldn't.

After both of us got covered in the fur wash and rinsed ourselves, we both got out and shared a towel. "Oh shit, uhh, I don't think you brought any clothes, did you?" I asked CatNap. "No, I didn't." He responded, then said, "I wouldn't mind if I used yours." "Okay." I said, then handed him a set of clothes from my closet and we both then got dressed for the day.

. . .

Once I got the kids up for today and Picky Piggy got them to the cafeteria, I decided to hang out with CatNap at Home Sweet Home since I had nothing else to do. I was walking around in circles on the porch for about a minute when I noticed CatNap exit Home Sweet Home. He didn't notice me until I latched onto him, wrapping my hands onto the base of his neck.

CatNap's POV:

I was caught off guard by DogDay wrapping his hands onto the base of my neck, we almost fell down but I think he didn't notice by how happy he was to see me. I hugged him back, also happy to see him. Nobody feels sad when this beaming ball of happiness is around, especially me.

"Hey puppy, happy to see me?" I asked him. He just nodded quickly because he was too happy to speak right now. "So, wanna cuddle? Not here, obviously." I asked him. He then again nodded in response.

We then let go of each other. "So, you wanna lead the way?" I asked DogDay. "Sure!" He responded. I followed him as he jogged to where he wanted to cuddle. It took about a minute or two before we reached the bar. "Clever choice." I told him. "Yeah, sure. I thought we could get some of the yummy soda floats they have and cuddle in one of the booths." DogDay said as he opened the door for both of us and we sat in a curved booth in the back of the bar.

"The lights will never get old." I thought. "Yeah, never will." DogDay replied. I guess I said it out loud. We waited for about two minutes before a waiter came up and asked, "Welcome DogDay and CatNap! What could I get for you two?" We looked at each other and I asked DogDay, "What should I get?" "Whatever you would like my moon." He responded, then I said to the waiter, "We would like a root beer float." "Coming right up." They said and left.

Once the waiter left, I rested my head on DogDay's shoulder, then wrapped my arm around his and grabbed his hand, running my fingers through his. He looked down at our hands for a few seconds, then looked up at me with a smile, it made me smile too. With his free hand, he put it on my cheek and slowly pulled my head towards his, wanting a kiss. Right before our lips met, the door to the bar opened and the other Smiling Critters entered, me and DogDay quickly got away from each other and he pulled out his phone to show me pictures of barbecue he cooked on his grill last week. Obviously he was showing me pictures so the others wouldn't get suspicious.

"Yo! DogDay! CatNap! How's the vibe with y'all this morning dudes?" Kickin' asked us. "Well, it's been fine I guess." I answered. "I've been doing amazing!" DogDay said with a big smile. "Well, got room for six more?" Kickin' asked us. I really just wanted it to be me and DogDay, but before I could answer, DogDay replied with, "Sure you guys can!" Everybody thanked DogDay and sat in the booth with us.

"DogDay, dude, showing pictures of barbecue to CatNap I see?" Kickin' asked DogDay. "Yup, just wanted to show him how they turned out and how delicious they were." He replied with a suspicious grin, but Kickin' didn't notice. "Alright then dude." Kickin' said, then turned to the Smiling Critter next to him to talk to them about bull fighting.

Since everybody was talking to everybody, DogDay and I were still next to each other. I looked around to see if anybody was looking at us, nobody was. I secretly held DogDay's hand and slid my fingers through his. I felt his grip tighten, he was probably scared that the others would judge us for being in a relationship.

But we all knew that Bobby and Hoppy were dating each other and that they were both girls, both of us were boys, so they would probably congratulate us for our relationship like they did with them.

. . .

A minute later, the waiter came back with a root beer float, a straw, and a back-up straw. "So, the other critters have arrived, what could I get y'all for this fine morning?" The waiter asked the six other critters. They told the waiter what they wanted as he wrote down what they said on a notepad. After they ordered, he departed to prepare their breakfast.

Everybody's voices started to get quieter as I focused my attention to what was playing on the speakers, it was a soft, romantic sounding jazz. I quietly and unnoticeably scooted closer to DogDay, he also got closer to me.

DogDay then got up and said, "Okay, since me and CatNap have already ate, we will be going to my house to watch some movies." "Alright, just be sure to turn it down this time." Crafty said to us. "Alright, will do." DogDay said as we got the drink, the two straws, and he paid for our drinks.

. . .

As soon as we entered the hallway that led to the neighborhood, DogDay put the two straws in the root beer float, one for me and one for him. We drank it, it tasted good. As we drank it we walked to his house so we could watch a movie and hang out. Once we entered his house, vanilla was the only thing I smelled.

We sat on the couch and continued to drink the float as he got the remote and turned the TV on. DogDay selected another horror movie. Within the first 15 minutes of the movie, I was in DogDay's lap. To be honest, the movie was actually horrifying. Once it was over, me and DogDay looked at each other, knowing exactly what to do now.

DogDay got between my legs and on top of me, tail wagging at an average speed. He put his hands on my sides and squeezed softly. I put my hands on his cheeks with a smile, he did too but his smile was a little bigger than mine. I wrapped my tail around his waist and we looked at each other like this for a few seconds.

DogDay made the first move and leaned in for a deep kiss, he tasted like vanilla, which is now my favorite scent besides my own. We were kissing for so long that I had to break it for a second to get more oxygen before we continued a few times. We were kissing for what felt like hours.

DogDay then finally broke the kiss and asked me, "Wanna take this where it's going?" I got a little anxious, then I had flashbacks of Happy Hyena. Then a scared expression appeared on my face, I started to tear up. "My moon, what's wrong?" DogDay asked me. "Oh, uhh, I don't feel comfortable with that yet. Afterall, we just started dating last night." "Right, makes sense. Just let me know when you're comfortable taking the next step, I won't leave you behind, I promise."

"I'm gonna go sleep in your room, can you sleep with me?" I asked DogDay, who responded with, "Anything for my moon."

Words: 1575