Part 19: Something Wicked this Way Comes

The Impala was driving along a highway as the trio were following coordinates sent to them by John leading to Fitchburg, Wisconsin. Although Sam is finding nothing going on in Fitchburg when he did some research which made them confused as to why John was sending them. But while y/n and Sam were confused, Dean had faith in his dad like always and this led the boys to start bickering.

"Yeah, you probably missed something, that's what," Dean said.

"Dude, I ran LexisNexis, local police reports, newspapers-- I couldn't find a single red flag," Sam stated.

"Dean, are you sure you read the coordinates right," y/n asked.

"Yeah. I double checked. It's Fitchburg, Wisconsin. Dad wouldn't have sent us coordinates if it wasn't important guys," Dean stated.

"Well I'm telling you I looked and all I could find was a big steamy pile of nothing. If Dad's sending us hunting for something I don't know what it is," Sam said as he was getting frustrated.

"Well maybe he's going to meet us there," Dean suggested.

"Right, totally. Since he's been so easy to find up to this point and how willing he is to work as a team, I'm sure he's there patiently waiting for us," y/n said sarcastically.

"You're a real smart ass you know," Dean spat as he glared at her through the rearview mirror.

Y/n rolled her eyes as she honestly didn't want to argue with Dean about this. When it came to John, it was like arguing with a brick wall sometimes. Dean sighed as he looked back at the road.

"Don't worry I'm sure there's something in Fitchburg worth killing," Dean said.

"Yeah? What makes you so sure," Sam asked.

"Because I'm the oldest, which means I'm always right," Dean stated.

"No, it doesn't." Sam said.

"Yeah it totally does," Dean said as he glanced at Sam before looking back to the road.

They soon arrive in town and stop to get coffee. They were parked near a playground which was almost deserted except for a little girl and her mom. This was odd as it was a late afternoon on a school day. Dean came back with some coffee and gave y/n and Sam each a cup.

"Well, the waitress thinks the local freemasons are up to something sneaky, but other than that, no one's heard about anything freaky going on," Dean informed.

"Dean, you got the time," Sam asked.

"10 after 4:00. Why," Dean asked as he looked at his watch.

"Do you notice something wrong with this picture," y/n asked, indicating to the playground.

Dean looks at the playground and sees the one girl playing. This made him confused as he double checked his watch.

"School's out, isn't it," Dean asked.

"Yeah yet there's only one kid at the playground," y/n said.

"Where is everybody," Sam asked.

Dean noticed the girl's mom sitting on the beach reading a magazine.

"You two stay here. I'm gonna see if I can get some answers," Dean said.

Dean walks over to the woman while y/n and Sam stay at the Impala.

"What kind of monsters only target kids," y/n asked.

"I don't know," Sam admitted.

"That's just messed up. I mean all the monsters we've hunted are all kinds of evil but this. Going after kids? That's all kinds of messed up," y/n stated.