Chapter Five

I woke up early the next morning. I couldn't say I had much sleep. My mind raced with a thousand conclusions about what Stella had told me yesterday.

I showered early and wore a blue T-shirt and black pants. I tied my hair into a high ponytail and left my room.

"Morning, Kira." Damon greeted from across the island in the kitchen.

"You're here early. I was told you don't live here." I say casually.

He laughs. "Yeah, I don't. But I had to stay last night due to, uh, some things..." He trailed off in the end and tried to not look behind me. Obviously he failed and I didn't need to turn around to know it was my father, but I turned around anyway.

"Morning." I greeted him.

"Morning." He grunted as he walked in. "Damon." He gave him a nod.

My father went to a cabinet at the end of the kitchen and pulled out a box of Coco Pops. He filled a bowl up then added milk. He took the bowl and a glass of water and left.

"He'll eat in his office." Damon tells me, making me step out of my trance of confusion.

I sighed and sat across Damon. "Am I allowed to touch the Coco Pops or is that also a restriction?" At home it was a restriction. Just not for me. My mother used to buy Coco Pops just for me. She never really liked cereal. And even if she took a few to munch on I always threw a tantrum. I never liked anyone touching my things either.

Damon laughed again. "It is. He doesn't like anyone touching it." He chewed the rest of his toast then said. "Doesn't even let me or Stella touch it. Once I tried to take some, only thing that got me caught was my scent. He kinda threw me outside." He chuckled through a laugh.

My lips curled into a smile. I knew my father was territorial, but this? All I could do was laugh.

"Zade is a good person. It's just going to take time for him to accept you."

My laugh died. The reality popped back into my mind. Everyone told me it would take time and I was getting tired of hearing that. No matter how many times people tell me that, it won't speed up the process or automatically make him accept me.

I couldn't wait for Stella. I wanted answers now and Damon was my mother's brother. Couldn't he give me answers?

"What happened with him and my mother?" I asked.

Damon washed his plate in the sink and sighed. "I don't know much. I wasn't a big part of your mother's life. I don't know if she told you, years ago there was this alpha who took over the Silver Moon Pack. He killed everyone there including your mother's parents. The only survivors were your mother, our aunt and me. I..." He sighed and sat back across me. "I wasn't born a normal wolf."

"Oh."

"I'm a demon wolf." He ran his fingers through his hair. I don't know if he remembered he was washing dishes and had soapy water on his hands but ew.

"We're dangerous wolves. Almost as powerful as an alpha. And our aunt traded me and your mother to spare her life. Azrael agreed and set her free. I passed Azrael's tests and because I was a demon wolf I had it in me to be evil. Your mother was a normal tundra wolf. She had power but not the mentality of being evil. She was brutally abused. Azrael didn't want her after that. Our aunt took her and left, they transferred to your father's pack─the Shadow Pack. Then she erased your mother's memories. She didn't remember half her childhood. And I remained with Azrael."

My mind processed all the information. I licked my lips and crossed my arms on the island. "How did you end up here? The story is getting kind of interesting but I asked about my parents. As in their love story or whatever they had going on."