The beach and sunburns

Memory

Brady's point of view

"Brady don't be ridiculous, she will love whatever you end up picking out." "I know but I want it to be perfect." I walked around the jewelry store, looking through. Taking a few glances from here and their. I was starting to get a bit frustrated, still not being able to find the perfect one.

I wanted her to have the most perfect ring ever. For the longest time I've been wanting to get her that ring. To promise my love for her.

Micah came beside me observing. "What about this one Brady?" He pointed towards a ring. However the ring didn't really catch my attention. I scrunched my face shaking my head. "No it's too basic. She doesn't really like that color."

"Brady's it been hours." I directed my full attention towards him. "Micah just give me a few more minutes. If we don't find own in a few then we'll leave." Xochitl came, standing beside him. "Dude you need to chill. I'm sure Brady will find something. It's not as easy as it looks." "Thank you. I'll buy you guys food after, okay?" "Fine. I'll try my best to help out."

"We're lucky he's even buying us food" I laughed at Xochitl remark. "I buy you guys food every time." "Sure Noon." I returned my attention towards the rings, when I finally found one. My attention was drawn towards the ring. This one. It's perfect. It was a double heart sparkling ring.

"Hi, Excuse me can I see this one." One of the workers grabbed the ring, giving the ring to me. It was just perfect. "I'll take this one." "Okay great. I'll get this package up for you." She smiled at me. "Thank you."

"I found one Xochitl." running to her as I smiled. "That's great Brady. Melanie will love it. She loves you too much, she's blinded by her own love for you. She's a very beautiful and very intelligent women you are a lucky man." She smiled, patting my shoulder.

"Can we go now? I'm starving!" "Here start heading to the car I'm going to pay." handing Xochitl the keys.

End of memory

I held the promise ring in my hand, staring at it. I was truly afraid she would hate it. I planned on giving it to her at this moment. I waited patiently as she was putting on her bathing suit. Now starting to regret ever getting the ring. Only not because I didn't want to but because I was afraid she would reject my gift.

Me, Melanie, Layla and my family decided to go to the beach for the day. Seeing as how we only have a few days left here.

As soon as she came out of the bathroom I smiled at her, getting up from the bed. The sight of her just made me feel happy. Happy that I have her. She's one of the reason why I smile.

"Ugh my feet are swollen form the heels I wore yesterday. It's killing me....are you ready?" Smiling at me. Her pearly whites shining. Her smile making me feel weak to my knees. She drives me crazy. "Yeah, they're waiting for us downstairs." "Okay, let's go." She gathered her things heading towards the door.

Here goes nothing. I grabbed her hand turning her around. She smiled at me, furrowing her eyebrows. "What's wrong? Everything okay?" She seemed concerned.

"Everything is just fine. I just wanted to tell you that I love you Melanie. So much. At the end of the day I want it to be me and you. I want our early mornings, I want your late nights. I want you on your good days even more on your bad days. I only want you Melanie. Your my world now. I assure you that when this life ends I will find you in the next no matter what the circumstances are our love is forever everlasting, and never ending. This is our fate Melanie. So Melanie I promise to always love you no matter what." I took the ring in my hand, grabbing her hand, sliding the ring on her finger.