15.

Ψ 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 Ψ

𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐮𝐩, packing and putting my things away into my bag to head home. Shoving in everything as quickly as possible to leave, it was 5 in the morning, and I just wanted to get the hell out of camp. I packed up frantically as I suddenly heard soft groaning.

My eyes gazed up as I saw Nico rubbing his eye with one hand as he laid on one of the empty bucks. He looked at me and I sighed.

"Are you leaving?" He asked me with a saddened gaze.

Quickly and quietly walking over I held his arm and told him "Camp will keep you safe. I must do things that aren't safe. But you must stay here and if..."

I thought of an idea at that moment. I went into my stuff and dug my hand deep inside my bag as my hand found the bottom, I felt around for a few moments till I felt it, and I latched my hand whilst pulling the crystal out.

"The Goddess Iris. You can use this crystal to contact me, using drachmas." I placed the crystal in his hands, and he looked up at me still unsure.

Biting my bottom lip, I thought once again placed my hand on his arm "you're going to be okay. I have a friend here...his name is Sebastian. And I also have my best friend here. His name is Damien. I promise they will both take care of you, okay?"

Still hesitant, he tightened his grip on the crystal as I smirked "you want to see something cool?"

Nico instantly nodded as I smiled, helping him out of bed and getting his coat and boots on as we left the cabin for a bit. Of course I had a soft spot for him. He at least saw good in me. Not like many others did at camp.

But as we began leaving, he held my arm tightly and stayed in place as I looked at him and then saw the direction his eyes were guided. It was the Hunters. Sitting at the dining pavilion as he frowned.

Realizing if I had left along with his sister as well, he would be alone. And I guess Nico and I were starting to form a small friendship...I mean my mom had me at 17. And here I was, 19 and hanging around a 10-year-old.

"I want to hear what they're saying, can we spy?" He asked me and I laughed out "Zoë may kill me."

He frowned and begged "please? Can't you do a cool water trick to hide us?"

Thinking of that idea I slowly took his hand as we began hiding behind big trees, but as we decided to eavesdrop, I held onto the tree and looked around trying to figure out what I could do to mask our appearance. And the idea hit me.

As Nico listened in on Bianca and Zoe arguing back and forth about Phoebe unable to go on the trip because of the stupid Stoll twins decided to use centaur blood and fuse it in the inside of the shirt they were given last night during their meeting.

Centaur blood is like poison. And now they must go off with only 4 people instead of the 5 as they issued. And at that moment I held my hand out and suddenly I became water once again, but I couldn't say the same for Nico. I blended in with my surroundings now becoming crystal clear.

I wasn't listening in much until Bianca had spoken "you should tell Thalia the rest of your dream."

Like a dog when the doorbell rings my ears pivoted their way as I listened in. What did Bianca mean by that? Nico looked at me and I looked back at him, as if he knew where I was even though I blended in with the snow.

"No, it would not help." Zoe excused it.

"But if your suspicions are correct, about the General-" Bianca started but was cut off by Zoe.