18.

⚔︎ 𝐋𝐮𝐤𝐞 {𝟖} ⚔︎

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥, he looked at one of the guards and pointed down at them.

"You, you have teeth?" The General asked as the officer quickly walked over with the ceramic pot.

"Yes sir." He responded.

The General smirked and demanded "plant them."

I stepped back a bit as the guard opened the pot and began planting the small teeth into the dirt and covering them up quickly. The General smirked and rubbed his hands together as the guard backed away to look back up at him.

"We're ready sir." He announced as I sighed looking away slightly as the General was grinning in glory.

The General ordered, "water them! Then we will let them seek for the prey all on their own."

The officer began pouring red liquid, you wouldn't want to know what it was, but we watched him water the teeth like plants in the springtime. Suddenly the ground and the dirt began to bubble and boil up through the connection.

"Soon enough, Luke, you will see that the soldiers from your boat were meek and...far less superior than what I am to give to you." He told me as he grew closer to my presence, and I felt...nervous.

My heart pounded in a way I hoped none of them could hear.

"I understand sir, but you do not understand that my soldiers on the Princess Andromeda are ready! I have trained them myself!"

He laughed right in my face to my words thinking that I was insane, and perhaps I was but I knew where all of this was coming from, and I wouldn't back down. I was going to prove myself to this...creature that did terrify me, but I will make sure that I prove to them even if I didn't believe in myself anymore.

"Oh Luke, I understand that your troops may be able to be there for Lord Kronos...however you need an army with the strength equal and above all the Gods combined in one. And you of course will have the role to play..." he muttered, and I tensed up in my stance.

"But even then, my forces will serve Lord Kronos and increase a hundredfold. We will be unstoppable, and this is how we will do it! My killing machines!" He shouted almost making me flinch.

Watching the soil begin to erupt and burst, a creature struggling out of the dirt.

My mind was in a different place though, I shut my eyes and all I could picture was Hayley, her. The beautiful smile she had, the slight freckles that ran across her nose and cheeks that slowly began to disappear as she got older. But she still looks beautiful.

My mind could only linger on her, her faults, and her goods. The way that just the thought of her, my body relaxed, and I felt calm. But then there are times that I'm frightened and full of fear where I am panicking and terrified.

All I wanted to do was to keep her protected and safe, I had thought that was what this whole thing was going to do. Now I'm not sure of anything, now I think...everything is falling apart at once and maybe when I go see her one day I will see her slaughtered and killed just because she is my weakness.

Finally, I opened my eyes and left my thoughts where I once again found myself in a place I no longer wanted to be, but there is no way I could get out. If I did...it meant the end of everything. End of me, maybe even her.

Watching the guards scramble with multiple kittens that grew from the teeth, strange?

Watching a new guard run in with new teeth the General walked closer to oversee everything, he clearly didn't want this to be messed up again. I looked down and sighed as I went into my pocket and found her bracelet.

Her golden bracelet that shined with the sliver of light that hit it; her name engraved with her middle initial HAYLEY D.

I smiled as my thumb grazed the hollow letters and with that I watched as they planted the new teeth and skeletons began to rise and groan with their rotting flesh and bones still sticking out as I grimaced at the image of them.

And at that moment as the scarf of the Scythian Dracaenae began floating down towards the General, I watched as it was snatched in thin air going to another side of the building.

"What's this?" The General huffed out as he shouted "an intruder! One cloaked in darkness! Seal the doors!"

I followed the movements, my eyes wandering quickly following the steps of said person.

"It's Percy Jackson! It has to be!" I screamed out, beginning to realize the possibility of him having Annabeth's New York cap.

But at that moment watching a skeleton take hold of the scarf, ripping it away I groaned seeing Percy possibly slip out in the nick of time as I looked up and huffed whilst shaking my head.

I slammed the railing as the General approached me and pointed at my chest.

"Get the boy. Kill him."

I panicked slightly and said "General, I understand you orders-"

"Do not dare make up any sort of excuses boy. Kill the boy, aim for the daughter of Zeus. And if you do not. Our deal is off and off with her head that little girl of yours. I will send my personal army right/ for her. She will not stand a chance." He whispered coldly as it sent shivers down my spine.

"You cannot. Please. I can do this! I can fix this!" I pleaded and he smirked "then go off and do so. NOW!" His voice bellowed around the building.

I frowned and watched him walk away as I shut my eyes and turned around and walked away knowing my doom, knowing that if I killed anyone, I'd break one of the promises I made to Hayley. I vowed to never kill, and yet...I may have to break it just so she wouldn't get hurt.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Were holding off for Luke just for a tiny bit! I promise we will get his return soon.

But let's see what happened to Hayley shall we??