Light in the dark

The following morning came around. Dim light from outside peeked through the curtains of my room and I felt like absolute shit. The lack of illumination in the room felt as if it was reflecting upon my current mood. I sit up in my bed. "He didn't let me climax" I mutter to myself. Im disappointed and angry. I understood I was nothing more than his personal employee, an attractive face with holes for him to fill. However, I couldn't help but feel let down about last night's shenanigans.
I hesitantly reach for my phone, the light illuminates my face. The sudden change of brightness strained every muscle in my eyes, it felt like needles nudging my cornea from the inside. I wince slightly until my eyes finally adjust. The time reads 1:00pm. 'Unholy SHIT! I slept in!' My eyes widen in panic after seeing the time. I hesitantly start to scroll through my notifications to see if Val left me any messages. "Y/N I had fun last night. Come to the studio." A message read. I scroll further down. "Let's play around with cages next time 😉" another message reads. "The ideas are FLOWING~" the following message stated. "It's been THREE HOURS, Y/N. Get to the studio NOW or things won't be looking as nice for you next time you show up!!" This message was from 30 minutes ago. "Y/N, you SLUT. Get your bony ass here NOW!! Why the FUCK aren't you answering?!" 28 minutes ago. "Im sorry Y/N, works been stressful. Answer my calls." 20 minutes ago. "It's been THIRTY SECONDS... don't be like that baby." This message was also from 20 minutes ago. I flop back down into bed, I feel defeated. I place my phone back down next to me and cup my face in my hands before relaxing them down onto my chest then roll over to face the wall. My phone begins vibrating so I decide to check it. 'Valentino💕 is calling' I let out a sigh and placed my phone face down before rolling back over and pulling the blanket over my face. "Fuck, I feel tired. If I 'call in sick' he'll make me come in anyway, wouldn't he?" I mumble under my breath, contemplating my options. I think I'll just take a nap, I'll decide when I'm more rested. I shut my eyes and everything goes black.
Hours pass, until I wake up to a light knocking on my door. I make an incoherent noise and they slowly open the door. "Y/N? Are ya feelin' alright?" The signature sound of Angel spoke. I haven't responded yet. "I brought ya some soup. It's gettin' late. I was worried 'bout ya after last night." He sets the soup down gently on the nightstand, next to my vibrating phone. "Thank you" I mutter sleepily. Although I couldn't see it, I could feel Angel give a gentle smile before taking his leave out the door and quietly shut it. 'Was Angel right about Val? Is this why he's suddenly so selfish? If that's so, why do I crave Valentino more?' My thoughts were racing with unanswered questions. I slowly sit up, I'm beginning to feel a bit better. I eat the warm soup placed on my nightstand. 'I think I'll just ignore Val for today. I'll make up for it later this week. I need a break to gather my head' I think to myself, reassuring my thoughts that it'll be fine. It was nice having an actual meal. I felt nostalgic eating it, it reminded me of the time i was alive. I may have arrived in hell not long ago, but it felt like centuries since I had been alive. This place was beginning to feel like home. I finish my soup savoring every last bite. My phone buzzes, it's a Sinstergram message. "Y/N if you don't get your ASS to the studio RIGHT NOW it'll be YOUR PROBLEM WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOU!!!" I sigh, of course it's from Val. 'Was that supposed to be a threat? It sounded pretty fucking hot.' I chuckle a little as the thought prances through my mind. The memory of Val pinning me against the wall during our last encounter was still highly arousing. The way he threw me on the bed with such little respect puts a wide grin on my face. I go through my voicemails I've received from Val. "Hey Y/N, come to the studio. I'll be waiting. I miss you" I could picture his menacing grin as I listened to his words. "Y/N, you ungrateful BITCH. Stop ignoring my fucking calls." His anger was almost comedic. The next voicemail plays. "Mi amor, I didn't mean to yell. Come here, I can get you a glass of wine this time." My whole body felt warm but chilled when he said 'Mi Amor' and a small smile formed on my face. 'Does he speak to all of his employees this way? I want to be the only one..' my heart was fluttering, he's such a mystery.
I slept through most of the day. "Does time work differently in hell?" I wonder quietly to myself. It's almost midnight, I must have lost track of time scrolling through Sinstergram, it's probably for the best if I didn't scroll through 'imptok'. I received another message, directly to my number. "Mi Cielito, come to the studio by noon tomorrow or you're FIRED. I'll be waiting~" I could almost hear this message in his sweet, silky smooth voice. I can't wait to go tomorrow, I'm feeling much better after taking today to recover. I can't tell if I'm addicted to him or if I'm addicted to his moth sausage. I CRAVE him. I need more, every minute, every hour. 'Oh fuck. Do I love him, ALREADY?' I set my phone down and I get ready to go back to bed. I should be ready to head to the studio before noon. I can't imagine today left a good impression. I get cozied into my bed and pull the blanket over me with more strength than I had this morning, and I enter the land of my dreams.