Chapter 1. Okamoto

January 8th 1990

The new decade arrived 7 days ago, bringing barely anything new as laws remain the same, the school is left unchanged meanwhile the detention trio, Ken, Jolie, and Timothy, are free from detention after being there for a year. As of now, the trio are walking down the halls together, having finished their first class and are linking up. Next to Ken, Brenda smiles as he chats with her.

Ken: "So I'll be hanging around with Jackson, Exer, David, Ron, and, well everyone except Kevin, Ricky and Marty. Wanna join? We're all heading to a drive-in theatre tonight to watch a film."

Brenda: "Sounds fun! Where is it?"

Ken: "Oh, I hope you don't mind. It's near some kind of junkyard. But not a dump, just broken cars and all. Little shop of horrors. A musical about a huge man-eating plant that attacks you like how aliens do in the sci-fi movies I watched! Just like War Of The Worlds! Except they don't zap you, they eat you!"

Brenda: "Oh God, Ken! Come on! Hahah!"

Ken: "Sorry, I got carried away, didn't I?"

Brenda: "You like aliens?"

Ken: "What's not to like?"

Brenda: "They're not for me. Plus aren't most aliens gross? Like I saw a picture of one that has 2 mouths."

Ken: "If there is one, I'll protect you from it. Just like how I practice to protect people from zombies in my dreams!"

Brenda giggles, her left hand against her mouth as her right hand holds her books. Whilst laughing, she snorts which makes Ken snicker.

Ken: "Wh- what was that?"

Brenda: "Oh my Gosh! I— Pretend you didn't hear that! It's embarrassing!"

Ken: "Pfft, no way. It's sweet! Like y—

*RRIINNGG*

Ken: "Oh. Well, I better be getting to my next class. Later, Brenda."

Brenda: "Bye Ken."

She smiles, watching the Green and black-haired young man walk away to his next class. One which he'll either enjoy or find boredom in. Science. Specifically, chemistry.

40 minutes later...

*RRIINNGG*

Ken steps out of the class with a small laugh he's attempting to hold. Behind him, Ricky and Marty walk out with soot all over their faces and their hair all messy like a bird nest. They'd attempted to sabotage Ken's experiment in class by dropping a chemical into his flask which blew up into their faces, covering them in soot. Other students, such as Norman and Mariah laughed while Ken was dying.

Now he's holding it in to not have them come after his life. He looks to the side of the hall, seeing other students exit their classes and are all preparing for their final class of the day. As for Ken, he'll most likely find boredom in this. Math. Also known as, Mental Abuse To Humans.

It's been 25 minutes, and Ken's face is buried in his textbook as his mind can't even handle how complicated equations are. They're just as complicated as quantum physics. He stops hurrying his face into the book and stares down at it, attempting to understand such difficult questions. He sighs before grabbing his pencil and attempting to answer, knowing he might fail. He takes guesses and begins to write random numbers; a sigh escapes from him as he pauses at one question in the book. X=-3.

Ken: "Uh... What? Is this some sort of trick question?"

Teacher: "Who are you talking to?"

Ken gasps softly.

Ken: "Me? Sorry, I'm just confused."

Teacher: "Oh. Well, don't worry, Ken. If it's too complicated I'm positive you'll be able to give your answer tomorrow since it takes time— Oh! That reminds me!"

*CLAP*

*CLAP*

The class pauses what they're doing and faces the front, looking at the teacher.

teacher: "Sorry everyone, I forgot to tell you that if you are unable to finish this, it will be your homework. Those who complete it will not have to take the test that I've planned for you all in 2 weeks."

Student: "Really?"

Student 2: "Ooh, I'll get straight A+s!"

Student 3: "I'd like to see you try! I'll be there before you know it!"

Student 4: "Wanna bet?"

Student 5: "I won't let you down, teach!"

The green and black-haired boy lets out a second sigh before lowering his head back down on the desk and letting out a tiny groan.

Ken: "My brain... I'd rather get eaten by an alien than do this..."

15 minutes later

15 minutes later...

*RRIINNGG*

Ken lets out a sigh as he steps out of the class, now being told to do homework which involves mathematics, perhaps the most complicated one. It is mental abuse to humans.

Ken: "Great... I need to go somewhere first before I see everyone else... This is a nightmare..."

Brenda: "Ken!"

Ken: "Huh?"

The boy looks to the right, seeing Brenda stepping out of her class with her books in hand and a smile.

Brenda: "So I'll see you later at the drive-in theatre, yeah?"

Ken: "Oh... Yeah. I'll see you there later, too. Meet up with Jackson."

Brenda: "Bye, Ken."

She walks away, leaving Ken alone as he looks at his homework in his hand with a sigh. This isn't what he wanted... In fact, no one wants it. The poor boy adjusts his beanie and sighs before walking to the exit, walking past Brenda who's talking with Exer, her twin brother, and Pamela.

The rest of the trio, Jolie and Timothy, look and see Ken walking away, heading out while Timothy sips a can of soda.

Jolie: "Ken? Where's he going?"

To be continued...