Chapter 21

Chapter 21

New Beginnings

There is work around, counts on what you want to do.

Why dont the two of you join me tonight. There is a country western bar and grill that I am going to tonight. They have dancers and a floor show the crowd isnt bad, a lot of lone wolves go there. We all need to feel connected to others of our kind, that is a good place for it. Come on have a little fun.

We dont have a lot of money to spend.

My treat I would like a girls night out. Most lone wolves are males so a girl would be nice change to hang out with.

Come on Piper lets go have some fun.

Cora you are always the party girl, but I am in.

I am off in an hour I will meet you right here.

Good we will have time to find a room for the night.

There is a motel a mile down the road, it is clean and reasonable.

We need a shower before we go anywhere, and these clothes are not for dancing in. You can see Coras excitement.

I am following your lead Cora, but we are not leaving anything in the motel. It stays locked up in the car and no drinking tonight.

You really are a party pooper.

Maybe Cora but we dont know these people and we dont know if they are setting us up to be robbed or something else. We are around werewolves and dont have our wolves.

Your right Piper, I have to remember we are not at our pack, we are out on our own. Cora lost her happy mood and got sad fast. The full moon is in three days. We will have them than.

I kind of have mine now. I cant shift but she talks to me.

What a lucky bitch, I want mine too.

Mine came early because I got hurt and she needed to heal me.

I am glad she helped you, you have been through the mill with that alpha.

We have both had to deal with him and his shit.

Youre right but he did a lot worse to you than me and it wasnt fair. He had no right to do that to you.

Im glad Athena came to help me. I would have been in real trouble without her. Remembering how badly her back hurt and how long it took to heal.

You do know that your older brother and father taught you how to fight and he even showed me a few moves.

I said that to you, I can fight and protect us. I miss my brother; I wish he was here with me. He would of kicked the alphas butt. He found his mate and they are happy, and he is the head warrior of her pack.

It would have been nice if you could have gone to his pack and lived there.

I didnt want him involved and getting killed. He has a temper and if he knew it wouldnt have gone well. That Alpha Monroe even took any chance of getting a pack from me. He is purposely making things hard for me. I wish I knew why.

Hey no more sour faces lets get ready for tonight. Piper smiles at Cora and joins her getting ready to have a little fun.

Cora, I know what our parents said. I dont feel right to take money from them. They are not rich, and it will make it hard on them.

Mine are the same. We are not poor, we were comfortable financially. Your right this would make it hard on them. What do you want to do?

Get a job, stand on our own two feet. We can finish school online.

I like that we might be young, but we are capable young wolves. Ones that need to have some fun. Lets go meet Jessie, we can worry about the rest tomorrow.

You guys came back, dont you look nice let me get my stuff and we can hit the road, She came from out back in a pretty dress and looking ready to have some fun. The western bar wasnt far, and its name is The Western Bar. The place was a nice size and had a totally western atmosphere. A little too western with wagon wheels at the door, cow print seat covers and bull horns on the wall.

This place is nice; people are friendly and so are the owners. I work here part time; they are good people. The owner is Ed, and his wife is Teresa.

Piper and Cora were having a good time, the place was a little crowded, there were quite a lot of lone wolves, just like Jessie said. They all seemed to know each other, and it made them feel comfortable being around their own kind.

Want to try? Piper poked Cora looking at the dance floor. Cora shook her head up and down. We are going to hit the dance floor. You want to join us, Jessie?

Why not lead the way ladies. We hit the floor and started to move and let out all the stress from the last few days. I had my eyes closed just feeling the music and having a good time. Girl you can dance look at your moves.

I love to dance I taught dance back home.

Thats why you asked about the dance school. The owner came across the microphone, now for your entertainment, The Heartland Dancers. Four guys got up on stage and danced. They were good but nothing I would pay to watch. Do you think they would mind if I had a little fun?

Girl, go for it. Jessie teases. I got up in front of them and started to move and show them how to really dance. One of the guys came down and started moving with me. Somehow, I ended up on the stage dancing with the four of them and we were having a great time. We danced all night, everything from the two step, to the traveling Cha- cha. We even did the ten-step polka.

Ed, the owner of the bar came over after seeing me move. I need to know do you live around here?

Not yet we are looking for a place.

Good, now do you want a job, I need a dancer four nights a week.

I will make you a deal I will take the job if I find a place to live and if you pay enough.

I pay 75 bucks a night for three sets of three dances.

If you make it a hundred, we have a deal providing I get a place.

You got it but dont tell the boys they would want more money and I cant pay them anymore. Then he whispers, They arent that good anyway.

My name is Piper, and this is my friend Cora.

I cant dance like that, but I can wait tables, and fill in if one of the guys dont make it.

Waitresses get six bucks an hour and tips are all yours.

Cora lights up. You got it as long as we find a place.

Jessie its been a long day I need some sleep thank you for the fun and could you tell me the address to the place you stay at. We got jobs, next we need a place to live. Maybe we could see if that guy has any apartments open.