Chapter 2 - A Wise Weapon

When the time came for me to construct my lightsaber, I traveled to the ice planet of Illum with a host of other Padawans

When the time came for me to construct my lightsaber, I traveled to the ice planet of Illum with a host of other Padawans. There, deep within the frozen caves, the force entrusted me with not one - but two kyber crystals. My master was thrilled to see that I would follow in his footsteps and become a Jedi who wielded two lightsabers. But deep within my self, and much to the suspicion of the Jedi council, I felt the force was calling me to a different path. I wondered if, perhaps, I could harness the energy from a kyber crystal in a new way. With the first of my crystals I constructed a blue-bladed lightsaber. Its golden and silver hilt was covered in ornate script from ancient Jedi texts. It is a humble weapon that tells a valuable story - exactly as I'd hoped it would be. It has served me well ever since.

In the months following the completion of my saber I underwent a grueling process of trial and error, as I sought to find the proper use for my other crystal. During this portion of my young life I felt overwhelmingly lost, but the teachings of my master were ever close to me. They successfully guided me through the shroud of confusion. I began constructing a mechanism that could bend and split the crystal's energy into a million microscopic strands, forming a powerful ray shield. When I had finally fashioned it properly, I fastened the mechanism to my left arm, and thus, began to embody the teachings of my master in a very literal way: by wielding my saber with restraint and my shield with resilience.

Master Chakee was even more thrilled to see that, instead of following in his footsteps, I had charted a new course for Jedi journey.