Chapter 8 - Louis

As Odette and I walked into the serene flower field, the atmosphere embraced us with a sense of tranquility. The sunlight filtered through the canopy of trees, casting dappled shadows on the vibrant petals around us.

As I lifted my flute to my lips, the melodies I created seemed to harmonize effortlessly with the rustling leaves and the gentle swaying of the blossoms. Odette's eyes sparkled with wonder as she watched the flowers dance to the ethereal tunes, their petals swaying in synchrony with the music's melody.

But amidst the enchanting symphony, a sudden piercing cry shattered the serenity. My heart skipped a beat as I turned to see Odette, already in a patch of once yellow flowers, now stained crimson with her blood. Panic surged through me as I rushed to her side.

The flowers, once gentle and inviting, now seemed to recoil in fear as I approached, their stems twisting away almost as if they know who I am to this place. Ignoring their reaction, I carefully lifted Odette from the patch, and placed her down in a safer area.

With trembling hands, I delved into my bag, my mind racing with frantic thoughts. Why had the flowers turned hostile towards Odette? Was it a manifestation of the forest's protective instincts, or something far more sinister lurking beneath the surface?

As I tended to Odette's wounds, one thing remained clear: I would do whatever it took to safeguard Odette from harm, as it was my duty, even if it meant myself dying in the end, again.