Chapter 13 - Louis

As the sun dipped low on the horizon, casting a golden hue across the tranquil landscape, I finally mustered the courage to share my secret with Odette. The air was crisp, carrying the faint scent of wildflowers, as we walked through the festival.

After dancing together, I led Odette to a secluded field nestled at the foot of a gentle hill. The tall grass swayed gently in the breeze, as if eager to partake in our conversation. Away from prying eyes and eavesdropping gnomes, we found a place to sit beneath the protective canopy of a majestic willow tree standing atop the hill.

As we settled onto the soft carpet of emerald grass, I could feel the weight of my unspoken truth pressing heavily upon me. With a deep breath, I turned to face Odette, her luminous eyes reflecting both caution and curiosity, like pools of liquid moonlight shimmering in the gathering dusk.

"Odette," I began, my voice barely more than a whisper carried on the evening breeze, "there's something I haven't been entirely truthful about... something about who I really am." The words hung in the air, heavy with anticipation, as I braced myself for her reaction, uncertain of how she would respond, and more importantly, what she would think of me.

With a heavy sigh, I continued, the memories of my past journey starting to resurface. "It's not my first time here," I confessed, feeling the weight of my secret lifting ever so slightly with each word spoken. "My father and I visited from Pellionia on a mission from the King and Queen to uncover the secrets of this land, much like our current quest."

As I revealed my past to Odette, I could sense her intrigue deepening, her eyes widening with a mixture of surprise and curiosity. The fading light cast soft shadows across her features, highlighting the delicate contours of her face as she listened intently to my tale.

"I had noticed the villagers' respect towards you and the way the forest seems to embrace you," she admitted, her voice barely audible above the gentle rustle of leaves. "But I never questioned it."

A wistful smile tugged at the corners of my lips as I recalled the journey that seemed so long ago. "Our task was clear: to seek out the Goddess of the Forest, Natasha." Her name hung in the air, as if the forest was listening.

"It was a journey filled with wonder and discovery," I continued, my voice tinged with nostalgia. "But little did I know then that it would lead me back to this sacred place, bound by fate and the ties that bind me to the land."

As the memories flooded back, I could feel the emotion welling up inside me, threatening to spill over in the form of tears. The journey to the temple of the Goddess of the Forest had been fraught with challenges and uncertainty, yet it had ultimately led us to this very moment, standing before the divine presence of Natasha herself.

"We searched tirelessly, scouring every corner of the land, but our efforts yielded no results," I recounted, the frustration of our quest still fresh in my mind. "It was then that we turned to the elders of this village for guidance, hoping that they might hold the key to unlocking the mysteries of this sacred place."

I extended my hand, which shimmered with a light green glow. "Here, grab my hand. I'll show you what happened." Though she hesitated for a moment, Odette eventually reached out and took my hand. As soon as she did, her eyes fluttered shut, and I gently leaned her now limp body against my shoulder. The magic flowed between us, gradually conjuring the memories of that fateful night, showing her the truth of what really happened.

***

Odette's POV:

As I touched Louis's hand, it felt as though I was being transported into his memories, living through what he saw. A vivid scene unfolded before my eyes, shoving me in its reality.