Infinite Void (3)

As the cacophony grew louder and louder, it made me get irritated. The constant ringing caused a tinnitus. I wasn't able to keep my eyes shut and so I slowly opened my eyes.

The moment I opened my eyes, I saw something unexpected. It really was my mother.

My poor mother, who raised me all by myself, was calling out my name with angst. It was almost impossible to ignore her. I can assure myself that in all the 16 years of my life, the one who truly loved me was my mother. Her love was pure;her feelings were genuine.

When she saw me open my eyes, a tear fell down from her left eye. It poured down to her chin, but she didn't wipe it. She hugged me instead. She was shaking in fear. She kept mumbling something which seemed like gibberish to me, but was understandable since she loved me a lot.

"Joy.",she said, coolly. "I'm so glad you're okay." By looking at her eyes, I could feel exactly what she was thinking. She didn't want to lose me. After all, I was the only one for her and she was the only one for me.

But I can't live on. I can't. I can't keep troubling my poor mother. All these years, she had taken care of me with all her might. She had always overworked and exhausted herself from taking care of me.

I was born with a weak body and spent most of my time lying in my bed. My mother kept working to treat me but it never worked out. Thus, I came to a conclusion and tried to free my mother from me. I wanted her to be happy.

"I want a glass of water, mom.", I said to my mother. She immediately got up and went to the kitchen.

I got the chance to free my mother. I opened one of the drawers near my bed and pulled out a bottle of rat poison. Without any second thought, I opened the bottle and started chugging the liquid. I finished the entire bottle in one go and smashed it on the floor. I started losing consciousness. Once again, I fell into the void. This time, it devoured me instantly. Live on for me, mother.

      --The End of Infinite Void--