Sweet Violet (2)

I stepped out of my house and started walking down the streets. The weather was gloomy and the street seemed dull. It felt as if everything was wilting and changing forms but deep inside I knew that it was just me feeling guilty.

I went through a few places but never found someone who gave a proper response. Bakeries, shops, whatever else, no one seemed to bother.

This time, I went through a dark alley to stop by a few houses. The atmosphere back there was a totally different one from the main streets. It gave off an eerie vibe.

I came across a worn-down apartment and rang the doorbell. There was no response. So I rang the doorbell again. Still, there was no response. I became impatient so I kept ringing it a few more times and eventually left the apartment.

My life was over. Everything was over. My violin was the only thing that kept me alive. My bland life had no tune; the violin tuned it. It had no life but it was just as lively as a young sheep. It brought life to my ordinary world. Now that I don't have it anymore, my life seems meaningless.

Many thoughts entered and left my mind as I kept going through apartments. Lastly, I checked a small house situated in a dark corner of the alley. I rang the doorbell. No response. I knocked. No response. I concluded that the people living here were unfriendly and disrespectful.