PERCY (2011)

If there was one thing Percy used to enjoy it was the weeks on the summer breaks where he had the opportunity to spend his time away from Gabe and his summer jobs by hanging around his friend Finnick Belvedere.

The only friend who really made his time with Gabe more bearable. Just one mention of Belvedere and Smelly Gabe was ready to play nice until the young heir was out of sight and no longer in the picture. Percy could barely remember the time when he didn't have Finnick in his life. Although, he did remember the time when he met the young boy. It was back when he had made his former class take a swim in the aquarium.

Percy remembers that while everyone looked at him in disbelief and anger there was another boy in the background that wasn't a part of his class. The young boy had stared at him with mischief shining in his eyes and a smile that showed his teeth. Percy remembers that he thought that the other looked cute, in a handsome way.

His memories just like everyone else's memories have faded and become blurry, but that encounter will always stay clear in his mind. It was the day when he finally got his first friend who stayed with him through thick and thin.

Finnick Belvedere was the only son of one of the richest men in the world, Ariston Belvedere and the famous celebrity Cielle Belvedere neé Santos.

If Percy thought about it, he still didn't know why Finnick had picked him to be his best friend, after all, he was two years younger than the other boy and he wasn't really anyone important in the same way Finnick was.

Time passed and now here he was, on a bus towards the metropolitan museum of art paired with his classmates from the Yancy academy.

He was sitting on the bus next to his newest friend Grover. His crippled friend who seemed to be as much of an outcast as himself was. Not to mention the bullies.

Nancy, in his opinion, was the worst of them, and he really believed his opinion could be backed up considering that she was currently throwing peanut butter at Grover.

"That's it," Percy muttered as he prepared to stand up. The only thing stopping him was Grover, who was holding him down.

"You know you'll be the one who'll be immediately blamed should anything go wrong on this trip," Grover mumbled into his ear. Sometimes Percy wished that Grover wasn't such a wise person who was able to reason with him. In fact, it would have made it easier for him to not always give his friend a mental gold star every time that happened.

He remembers all the times he used to write letters to Finnick, complaining about Grover being the smart one because his mother refused to let him near any phones at all. Finnick, his best friend, always managed to reply to his letters in words that made it easier for him to read while also telling him that he was proud that Percy had found another good friend in this lonely yet busy world.

By the end of the school year at Yancy Academy, Percy was happy to have been suspended and kicked out of that boarding school. He was getting tired of all the teachers, the confusion with Mrs. Dodds and the fact that Mr. Brunner and Grover were hiding something from him.

He couldn't really lie either when he says that some of the happiness also stemmed from the fact that he would most likely be able to hang out with Finnick throughout the summer.

Percy couldn't describe why, but in his mind, the young Belvedere boy was someone he looked up to. He wasn't that much older than himself but yet he appeared like this cool figure in his life that could make even Smelly Gabe clean up his behaviour and act like a decent man.

To him, Finnick was everything just like his mom was everything.

Imagine the mental breakdown and suffering Percy went through when he believed his mother was gone forever and that he wouldn't be able to spend some time with Finnick during the summer. He believes that he cried a couple of times.

It didn't help that he had to spend most of his summer travelling through the country to find some god's lightning bolt. At least he got his uncles' bolt and dark of helmet back to respective gods in time before World War III broke out.