FINNICK'S LETTER

Dear Percy,

Writing a letter always feels like such a formal thing to do, but unfortunately, you still haven't gotten a phone to let me stay in contact with you.

Whenever someone asks me what my biggest regret in life is, I will always think back to our moment at that airport where I had been so stupid and such a coward. I should have confessed my feelings for you a long time ago, but I never felt like I could do that.

The times I have spent with you have been the best moments in life for me and even when we become grey and old I will still be thinking about all the happy moments I have had with you.

I remember the first time I laid my eyes on you. We were both just so small to this world and yet I locked my eyes on you and noticed that you had the whole world in your eyes. Your eyes reminded me so much of the ocean and the water that I believed full-heartedly that you held the world inside of your soul. Why else would your eyes reflect such a large part of the world where water is what keeps everything alive?

Having had the privilege of being your best friend has been such a blessing that perhaps that's why I never wanted to confess my feelings to you. Because I can't exist in a world without you as my friend. I wouldn't be able to handle myself if the knowledge of a broken friendship was due to my feelings.

You know, I wished back then at that airport to be able to kiss you goodbye but I never did. Wow, I make this letter sound like a farewell letter. It isn't. This is mostly a letter that I probably will never send to you but I am still writing it in case I ever get the courage to let you read this.

Forever yours,

Finnick Romeo Belvedere