𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇

𝒫𝑒𝓇𝒸𝓎 𝓉𝓌𝒾𝓈𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝓊𝓇𝓃𝑒𝒹, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝒜𝓃𝓃𝒶𝒷𝑒𝓉𝒽 𝓌𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝑔𝑜 𝑜𝒻 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝑒𝒶𝓉𝒽 𝓁𝑜𝒸𝓀 𝑜𝓃 𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓌𝓇𝒾𝓈𝓉. She pulled him out of the Hermes cabin like there was a Hydra inside and not just Luke Castellan. Not that Percy thought there was much of a difference.

"What was that, Jackson?" she asked. "Honestly, what was that?"

"Sorry?" he asked, shrugging his shoulders. "I really didn't mean to offend anyone.

She blew out a breath of air, holding her nose in her hands. "Well you did. You offended a lot of people. You're lucky Luke is a nice person. Gods, you sounded so cocky."

Luke? A nice person? Ha.

"I can't afford not to be, Annabeth," he said, and he meant it.

She looked up at him weirdly. "What do you mean by that?

"Listen," he said. "I haven't known about this world for long. But already I can tell it's dangerous. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up murdered before I'm even sixteen. So, I can't afford to doubt, and I can't afford to second guess myself. In the seconds I use to overthink something - I'm dead. I don't want to die, Annabeth."

She was quiet for a moment, looking up at him like he had grown a second head and sprouted wings. "You're smarter than you look, you know?"

"How hard was that for you to spit out?"

She rolled her eyes, "Tell anyone, and I'll deny it."

He smiled at her, he hoped it wouldn't take him years to become her friend this time around. "Truce? I promise, there isn't just kelp in my head."

"Kelp?" she asked. "I think I like the sound of that. Kelp head ."

Percy panicked for a small moment. Of all the things he had wanted to change, this was not one of them. "I actually think seaweed is better. Not as derogatory, if you ask me. Seaweed brain has a ring to it."

She shook her head. "Nope, kelp head. Seaweed brain suggests you have a brain and I know you don't."

"Rude."

"Well! A newbie!" he heard the voice of Clarisse yell, and Percy audibly groaned. He didn't like his head being swirled around in a toilet the first time around and he had a feeling he was going to hate it even more the second time. That is...if he let Clarisse do it.

Clarisse and her siblings didn't look at all that terrifying. 5 '4 but well-muscled, Clarisse still looked every inch the child she was.

It would be so easy for him to just fling the girl across the room with his powers like a ragdoll. But...This Clarisse - this small girl who had yet to grow into herself didn't deserve that. She deserved a chance to grow into the person Percy knew she would one day be.

"Clarisse," Annabeth sighed. "Why don't you go polish your spear or something?"

"Sure, Miss Princess," the big girl said. "So I can run you through with it Friday night."

''Erre es korakas!" Annabeth said which was Greek for 'go to the crows'. Points for creativity but it wasn't all as terrifying as she intended it to be.

"Boreís na stamatíseis?" Percy said, without thinking. Gods, those two were so annoying. Why couldn't they just get along?

"Did you just?" Annabeth said with her mouth hanging open..