|Chapter Three|

I was going to hang out with Tara, Jake and Johnnie for the third time this week, and I was looking for the ceramics pieces I had made for Jake and Johnnie.

I had made Johnnie a skull mug, and Jake a cross shaped ashtray. Jake had been complaining that he didn't have a good ashtray so I wanted to make him one as a gift, and I didn't want to leave Johnnie out.

I was struggling to find them, even though I remembered exactly where I put them.

I turn to Brandon, who is sitting in bed on his phone. "Hey babe, do you know where my newest ceramics pieces went? I can't find them anywhere." I sigh and he just shrugs "Have you looked on the dresser?" He asks, not bothering to look up from his phone.

I scoff, going back to looking for the pieces.

I finally found them, but instead of finding them somewhere I could have just misplaced them, I found them in Brandon's bedside table.

I turn to Brandon and hold them up "Why were they in here?" I say blankly. He shrugs "Maybe you misplaced them." I sigh, brushing it off and just get ready.

I make it to Jake and Johnnie's house, and text Jake to let him know I'm here. I check my other messages, seeing several messages from Brandon already.

My love ❤: Where tf did you go???

My love ❤: Y/N you should've told me you were going out.

My love ❤: God dammit Y/N where tf are you

My love ❤: I'm fucking talking to you

My love ❤: Answer me bitch

I shove my phone into my pocket, deciding to just ignore him. I walk up to the house and knock on the door, Jake opens it slightly and looks down at me "We don't want your girl Scout cookies. Unless you have samoas..."

I shake my head at him, trying not to smile and ultimately failing. He opens the door for me and I step inside, Jake shuts the door behind me and we walk to the living room where the other two are.

Jake points to the bag I'm holding with a puzzled look on his face "What's that for?" I smile up at him "You'll see!" I stick my tongue out giggling.

"Ohhh, I see how it is. How hurtful, I thought we were friends." Jake holds a hand over his heart, pretending to be hurt. I lightly nudge his arm, both of us laughing as we enter the living room.

Tara turns to us, giving me a look "Ok love birds" Jake flips Tara off and she sticks her tongue out in response.

I pull Jake's ashtray out of the bag I'm holding, and I hand it to him. He looks at it, and then at me "Dude that's so sick! Did you make it yourself? For me??" I nod, placing it in his hands. His smile widens and he wraps an arm around me, giving me a side hug. "That's so sweet! Thank you."

I notice Johnnie on the couch, with Sugar in his lap. He looks up at me and we make eye contact, he shoots me a toothy grin and gives me a small wave.

I walk over to him, a small smile crossing my face. I hand him the mug I made him, and he grabs it with both of his hands.

"For you." He stares at it for a moment before looking up at me "This looks sick, thank you." I stare at his hands admiring his tattoos, noticing the chipping nail polish on his finger nails, and even admiring his rings.

I sit next to him, and Sugar jumps into my lap. Johnnie throws a hand over his heart "I can't believe this betrayal." He mocks "I can't really blame him tho"

My cheeks heat up slightly at his comment, and I just awkwardly laugh. Johnnie tilts his head to the side slightly, a small smile crossing his face.

"Oh my God!!! Y/N, we should totally have a sleepover sometime!!" Tara interrupts, slightly startling me.

Tara starts rambling about things we can do, but I'm too distracted by Johnnie to hear much of what she's saying.

He's so pretty, on top of that he's one of the sweetest people I've ever met, and he's genuinely funny. I can feel butterflies form in my stomach as he laughs at a joke Jake makes, and I can't help but stare at his smile. 

Do I have a crush on him?

I ignore the developing feelings, and shove away the intrusive thoughts.

I get home and open the door, a huge smile plastered on my face. "Babe! I'm home!" I call out to Brandon, slipping off my shoes and taking off my jacket. Brandon comes downstairs with his arms crossed, and my smile immediately falls.

"Where the fuck have you been." He bellows at me, and I freeze up. I struggle to find words, and all I can do is just stand there as he begins yelling at me.

I felt like crying. My eyes stung, my chest felt tight, I couldn't breathe, and I couldn't say anything. My thoughts were racing, my head was pounding, and my mind hung on every word he said.

Brandon takes a step forward, raising his hand to me. I block his hand, and stare up at him. Fear still bubbling inside of me, I gather any courage I do have and begin to speak.

"Don't raise your hand to me. You can scream and yell at me, you can call me names, you can do whatever you want, but you will not hit me." I choke back more tears, putting my jacket back on and slipping back into my shoes.

"What are you doing?" He snaps at me. "I'm leaving you. We're over." Without turning to face him, I leave out the front door slamming it behind me.

I grab my phone out and text Tara. We'd only been friends for a couple months now, but I didn't know who else I could talk to.

Me: Hey Tar

Me: I need your help

Tara 😍: What's up

Tara 😍: You ok???

Me: I'll explain later. Can I spend the night with you?

Tara 😍: Omw

I wipe the tears from my face as Tara pulls up, and I stand up brushing dust off of my legs.

Tara and I sit in her car for a few minutes before she breaks the silence. "You can totally talk about it later, but I'm gonna need to know whether or not I'm gonna need help hiding a body or not." She jokes, making me smile.

She puts on some music, making sure it's quiet but loud enough to still hear. I explain to her what happened, and she grips the steering wheel in anger.

"You can stay with me for as long as you need hun, and we can get your things in the morning." She pats my shoulder in an effort to comfort me, and I can feel tears well up in my eyes.

I let myself really cry for the first time in months, and Tara talks me through it.

When we get to her place, we sit on her couch and watch a movie together. She gets us some snacks, and pillows and blankets, so we're comfortable.

I start to calm down, and I can feel myself getting tired. Tara is already passed out beside me, and I can't help but smile despite my circumstances.