chapter two

"Jealous much?" Blaise asked as draco glared at potter and ginny giggling at the gryffindor table.
"Me? Jealous? Why would you think that?" He knew the answer of course. Because he was forbidden from touching his soulmate by his parents.

They say malfoy men are too precious to become mortal, so he must marry a women who is not his true love. More and more people were finding their soulmates at hogwarts. Harry and ginny, fred weasley and Angelina Johnson, Neville and parvati. And it killed draco to have to watch them fall in love and attend their weddings.

He didnt care at first. He hated the idea of love, the idea of touching someone and getting a countdown on your wrist that looked like fresh cuts. Counting down a month. A month is all you have to get married and if you dont, let's just say you might go to sleep and never wake up.

Draco wanted to know why. Why did the world have to work like this. Why must he be torn between finding a woman to love and being immortal. Why cant he have both.  Why-

"Oi draco! You're staring" crabbe slapped him on the back, knocking him back into reality. He seemed to be getting lost in his thoughts more often than not these days

"What? Oh, nah I'm just really- really tired that's all" his friends smirked at him

"Looks like jealousy to me" teased blaise
"Shut up" he snapped back and stormed out of the great hall to his dorm.

~☆~

Meanwhile hermione was laying in bed, her body aching from crying so much.

She couldn't bring herself to get out of her dorm and go to classes. All she wanted was to be alone with her thoughts.

She took out her journal and started writing

1995- November 3rd, Friday

The world and all its contents seem to be against me.
That stupid malfoy boy made me cry again. How could something so poised and perfect be so mean. I mean look at his sleek platinum hair and those cold-grey eyes.
He's gotten to my head. I hate him. I hate him so much I'd kill him if I could. All the pain he caused me and he doesnt even care!
UGH I'm ranting about him again.

Topic change
Harry and Ginny are getting married. I've always found it rather odd that most people get married so young, I mean we're only 15. But it's not like they have a choice. I'm happy for them. I cant wait to attend the wedding! Its going to be so fun
I have a suspicion that ron might be my soulmate. He seems to care so much about me, likewise I care deeply about him too.
But I'm scared to see. What if I'm wrong.

I can hear parvati and lavender coming up the stairs.

Warm regards, hermione.

Hermione liked to sign her journals formally as if she were writing a letter. It made her feel less lonely, as if she had a close friend somewhere out there who deeply cared about her life. She did have friends, and she loved them all dearly. Her best friends, ron and harry were better than anything she could ask for. But deep down she still felt alone. Like there was a piece of her missing.

She liked to imagine that these "letters" were being written to her soulmate, whoever he was. Like he was reading them and learning about her. "One day" she'd say to herself everynight, "I'll give him this journal,and he can read everything about me."