chapter three

"Oh shit" thought draco as he scrambled out of bed and rushed to get ready. He overslept. And he had a transfiguration exam today.

He sprinted through the castle and burst into the great hall.

"You're late mr.malfoy" a poised minerva mcgonagall said, standing at the front of the room. All of the 5th year student turned to look at him "oi!" She snapped " what do you think you're looking at" and they all returned to furiously writing answers on a piece of parchment.

Draco reluctantly moved towards his seat and stared at the paper infront of him. He was an hour late, which meant he only had 2 hours left to complete it.

He started briskly writing down all he remembered, while wrecking his brain for answers. Yet all he could focus on was the mop of thick brown curls swishing infront of him.

Without even realizing that he left half of his exam blank, he got up with the rest of his row, following the curls that gleamed a golden colour in the sunlight. He handed his paper to mcgonagall and sprinted so fast to his dorm he was surprised he didnt trip over himself or slam into any walls.

" no no no no no no no no no no no!" He thought to himself. "This cannot be happening. Not her. Anyone else but her !"

~☆~

"I know I aced that paper" hermione said to ron and harry as they made their way towards the gryffindor common room

"You ace every paper mione" ron rolled his eyes.

Hermione knew deep down that she didnt just ace her papers. It cost her alot. It cost sleepless nights, weeks of missing breakfast, afternoons filled with over exercising. She also knew she couldn't stop. She was stuck in this endless cycle of self sabotage in order to maintain her academic worth.

"Uh oh" whispered harry to ron "look who's angry" and they disappeared into the common room leaving hermione outside with her thoughts.

"Hermione." Said a familiar voice. A voice she dreaded, and sometimes feared. A voice belonging to draco malfoy.

Pls like the story and leave tips😭