midnight phone calls

oikawa pats his pocket in triumph as he walks into his room, slipping his fingers in to pull out the pair of panties he swiped from kamine.

he hadn't even gotten a chance to look at it back then, so focused on the fact that he was so close to finally tasting you.

ha lays down on his bed with a soft sigh, looking at the panties in his hand.

"black lace... how naughty of you, kamine-chan~"

"thanks for your help, yamashiro." coach mizoguchi says with a small smile, watching as the buses arrive for their team's away games.

"it was no problem, sensei." kamine blushes lightly, smiling back politely. she still wasn't used to being appreciated but she had to admit, it was nice.

"i just hope oikawa hasn't been bothering you that much." he says softly before adding. "i heard from iwaizumi that he makes it a daily thing to go and seek you out everyday after school."

kamine lets out an awkward laugh. "aha, it's alright. i'm... kinda used to it by now."

mizoguchi nods, thanking her one last time before going up to round up the boys with coach irihata.

kamine watched the volleyball team file out of the gym one by one, the first and second years boarding the bus before their upperclassmen.

she sneers as she catches matsukawa and hanamaki wink at her right as they board the bus. they were immediately followed by oikawa, who gave her a wave and a flirtatious smile, making his fangirls squeal.

'someone's missing...' kamine thinks, her brows furrowed as she tries to figure out who it is. right before she heard someone call out for her.

"yamashiro!" she turns around to see iwaizumi, her classmate come out from the building behind her. "wait up."

unlike the other third years, kamine felt a great deal of respect for her classmate. she knew he could relate to her more than the others. plus, they both had to deal with oikawa's antics on a daily basis. which was what made her respect him so much in the first place. it was also something they occasionally bonded over.

she straightens her back and turns around to face iwaizumi fully just as he stops in front of her. "what is it?"

iwaizumi rubs the back of his neck with a guilty smile. "just wanted to thank you. for finding us a sponsor on such short notice."

"it's nothing, iwaizumi."

"to you, maybe. but to us... it means a lot. really." his eyes soften and his hand drops back to his side. "i uh... i hope oikawa wasn't bothering you too much. i know you guys were friends before and all but..."

kamine looks back towards the bus, knowing the man in question was watching them right now. "it's fine. as much as i hate to admit it... i've learned to enjoy his company. don't tell him i said that. he won't let me hear the end of that."

iwaizumi chuckles lowly and kamine could feel something flutter inside her stomach at the sound. "i won't say a thing. he's probably cussing me out in his head just for talking to you."

"yeah... you better get going."

iwaizumi nods to her and moves past her, stopping after a couple of steps. he turns back towards her with a small smile, and if she looked closer, she'd see the tips of his ears turning red.