2| Glacier

"What is the meaning of this?"

Glacier demanded. His demeanor remained calm, but Shun could see the fire of anger blazing behind his icy eyes. The other members of the gang remained quiet, murmuring amongst themselves. Nobody dared to utter a single word.

The blonde strode through the mass of people, coming to a stop in front of Shun. The corners of his lips were drawn up in an alluring smile.

Don't forget about your mission, a little voice whispered in Shun's ear. He forced himself to meet Glacier's soul-searching gaze. The other members of the gang slowly disperse, slinking back into the shadows and the alleyways of Nagoya.

"Who are you?" Glacier finally asked.

Shun remained silent.

"Tsk. Who do you work for, then?"

Shun didn't answer.

Seeing that this was going nowhere, he raised his voice.

"I asked, who are you and who do you work for?!"

Glacier gripped the collar of Shun's green shirt in his fist and lifted him off the ground.

"You know something," he said, voice dangerous. "Something important."

"What if I do, huh?" Shun taunted.

"Then, be prepared to face—" he was interrupted by the ringing of a phone. It came from the pocket in Shun's coat. In surprise, the gangster dropped the assassin. Shun grimaced.

All the phones that belonged to the Order of Sanctuary had the same ringtone. The song used for it was called 'Yakimochi'. Its sweet melody filled the air.

He willed it to stop, for Saga to hang up. But it didn't. Glacier's face went from one of surprise, to one of recognition and then finally to a smug smirk.

After a few seconds of stillness, the blonde suddenly lunged forward, aiming at Shun's coat pocket. He made a quick turning motion, dodging. Glacier used his forward momentum to reverse his direction and reach for the phone. Shun backflipped over him, but the edges of his coat trailed behind him.

It felt like something was pulling him back. The assassin landed roughly on the asphalt.

Glacier had a firm grip on his coat. But before he could find the pocket that contained the phone (which, by the way, finally stopped ringing), Shun delivered a desperate kick to his shin.

The blonde stumbled back, dropping the coat.

"Just let me see the phone for a sec,"

"No,"

"Why not?"

Shun decided to stop talking and tried to get up, wincing. He must've pulled a muscle or taken a few hard hits. Yes, he was an assassin, but he didn't get into physical fights often and was actually quite weak when it came to muscles.

In fact, the only thing he could do now was run. Shun observed his surroundings.

Walls on two sides, Glacier on the third.

He was cornered.

A/N: Just a note that the chapters will be rather short and there will only be 3-4 chapters and an epilogue before it all comes to an end!