Sunflower(Basil/Sunny)

8.5/10

I really love the dynamic of the blunt, stoic person who doesn't have much experience dealing with heavy emotions x the shy yet passionate and kind person. This ship gives me Saiharu/Pekomiki vibes. However, canon stuff with implications of Basil's trauma bond(maybe abandonment issues?) with Sunny makes me put the ship at 8.5, though in an AU where they don't stage the death/aren't involved with the death at all, they'd ranked up to 9. I also ship this both romantically and platonically(unlike with Baseball last chapter, where I shipped it only platonically), with Sunny as a panromantic asexual and Basil as a gay asexual. No, I don't headcanon him as that because he's "girly," or any goofy ahh stereotypes oof. Only cuz "Gaysil" lmaooo

Contrary to popular belief, I think Sunny is more emotional than Basil, especially in the "anger" aspect. He just shows it less, keeps it in as he doesn't know how to deal with it properly until it all explodes(see him pushing Mari down the stairs by accident as a reference haha). Meanwhile, Basil wouldn't be as....emotional. Like, he'd be less angry and more stressed. Which would still make him do rash things but yeah. Just that I headcanon he is less emotional/affected than Sunny(bro endured a lot of stuff during those four years).

And also the fact that Basil sometimes vented to Sunny and maybe vice-versa in the past, showed they were already pretty close. I actually think that Sunny was blunt and maybe a little protective of his friends? And still is ig? But he'd not really show it when hanging out with his friends because I think he'd seem more aloof and blunt.

Since Sunny already knows Basil super well, I think he'd notice something off about Basil, take him somewhere more private, and confront him about it. Albeit a little awkwardly, of course. And he'd be more awkward especially in cases where Basil notices something up with him and kindly asks him what's wrong. He'd probably blush and cover his face lol and try to say "nothing."

Also if Basil does overwork himself on work/assignments and stuff, I think Sunny would be super direct about it especially if it's just some small, insignificant work. Just like, drag him to bed. Or maybe bridal-carry him then dump him on the bed....hehe. Basil would also be interested in murder mystery novels....but a little less so in the canon timeline. Both would read books together and maybe have some discussions about them.

Headcanon that Sunny would just stare at Basil's face randomly and then squeeze it while looking intently at him lel while Basil would just be a ✨️ tomato ✨️. He'd make sure not to stare directly into Basil's eyes though because Basil's kinda uncomfortable with eye contact.

Aubrey would tease them about their relationship, sometimes pushing them into each other so they're in an awkward position. But not at a...wrong time, if you know what I mean ;-;

And Kel would make passing comments about how close they are, then would be super dense and also surprised when Sunny and Basil say they're dating. Aubrey would pull Kel's leg over that hehe. And he'd get comically offended, of course. Then he'd be like "I knew that! I sensed your romantic tension forever ago" to save his reputation lol.

And Sunny would be like "Idiots." With a small smile.

Hero and Mari would be super supportive of them, with the latter lightly teasing Sunny about Basil even before they got together. Basil would have already asked Hero for tips for rizzing Sunny, though he knows Mari rizzed Hero first 💀 bro was just desperate.

Phew, now post-game headcanons. They'd take a year or two of proper therapy and working out of issues, and would see each other with the whole friend group every time there's a break at their schools. Because you know.....Sunny moving to the city and all.

The secret ending showed that they forgave each other(good, because Sunny's Black Space really showed how violently angry he was towards Basil) and had hope for the future, moving forward. Though I'm not sure about Basil, as his Something retracted back into himself rather than fading away or "flying" away from him. So yeah, like I said, "proper therapy"!!!! That's what they need, and a lot of time. 

Sunny would kinda be salty about losing an eye, as he'd have some difficulty bumping into things though he didn't "hate" hate Basil for that. I think they'd make a lot of progress in recovering, like I think the Hooligans, courtesy of Aubs, would stop bullying Basil(though Sunny would still get annoyed by them) and Aubrey herself would reach out to Basil everyday and playfully tease him or something to get his mind off things uhh like his Grandma's death for example. Eventually though, she'd get adopted by Polly after  her mom gets arrested and Aubrey has a lot of visible, unhideable bruises for...reasons. Meanwhile, Kel would be a little standoffish and awkward with Basil because of the hanging thing. Hero as well, though he'd be less obvious about it as he has more social skills to do cover all that up.

Maybe when Sunny comes along to visit, Basil would awkwardly strike up some conversation and then show him a new garden he's working on. Then they'd talk a little about flowers and reluctantly also brush over the white egret orchids. :(

If they ever got together post-game, then I think Aubrey, Hero, and Kel would be happy for them. Kinda skeptical(Aubrey would casually and accidentally-on-purpose interrupt when Sunny's walking up to Basil, for example, cuz she's kinda protective but wouldn't outright say it) at first, but yeah, they'd all get through this together eventually! :D