Chapter 13: Back Home

A few days later Korra and the others made it back to her homeland. She saw a battle going on. She howled from the cliff and everyone stopped. "Look! It's the princess! She's back!" They said. Tarran ran up to her and nuzzled her. "I'm so glad you're back. It's been a bit hard to control this war since you've been gone," Tarran said. "I can see that," Korra said and walked out in front of him. "This war is finally over! The fight between the clans will end! We will unite together to fight our greatest battles," Korra said and everyone cheered. "Naga do me a favor. Show Tarran around for me. I have a lot of work to do," Korra said and Naga nodded. Tarran went with Naga. 

Over the next few days Naga has been showing Tarran around. They've gotten really close, like really close. Korra has been busy working with the tribes. The coronation was in a week. But Korra has been getting more and more tired with every passing day. Everyone has been getting worried. "Korra. Are you sure that you are okay? You aren't looking so good," Naga asked. "I-I'm fine. Naga. I really am," Korra said. "No, you're not. You have to go see, Asami!" Shyu said. "No," Korra said. "It's either you go see her or we bring her here." Rho said. "Yeah!" They all agreed. "Fine" Korra said and left. She went back to the city. She stayed in the shadows and watched the gang from the shadows. She was happy to see Asami again but it hurt her that she couldn't be with her. She watched them the whole day then left back to the den. 

Once she got back she felt a bit better. "See, we told you," Rika said. "Shut up. We gotta show some of the rookie hunters the outer-lands, tomorrow. You're coming with me," Korra said and they nodded. Korra went to the bathroom and coughed up a bunch of blood in the toilet. "Damn it. It's getting worse. It's getting harder and harder to hide. The fact that I haven't mated with anybody yet isn't helping either. I just have to hold out a bit longer but at this rate I'll be dead in a few days," Korra said to herself. 

The next morning Korra and the others left for the field with some of the rookie hunters. They showed them around and what they could hunt our there. "Okay. So these are the outer-lands. You can always find a simple stream for fish, some deer, and if you're lucky some caribou. But never go into the forest. That's Draken Wolf territory. That also marks the end of our territory. So never cross the line unless you are told to or have permission by the royal family or guard. Got it?" Korra asked and they all nodded. Then Korra suddenly heard a gun being loaded. "Everyone moves out of the way!" She yelled and then they all heard a gun shot. They all got off the way in time and started running back to the den. Naga was bringing the rookies back to camp while Korra and the others were providing cover. They ran at the shooters dodging each bullet. The poachers started to run away and they chased them. When one of them shot an arrow and it caught Korra on her side where the giant gash was. The poachers got back to the city. They ran back to Korra. She was laying on the ground in pain. She had blood spilling from her mouth. Then she coughed up a bunch of blood. "This isn't just the injury. She's sick," Jin said. "Rika, go get Asami. We'll take her back to the camp." Rho said and they split up. 

Asami suddenly had a knock on the door. "Who- Rika?! What are you doing here?" Asami asked. "No time to explain! You're coming with me!" Rika said and tossed Asami onto her back. They ran back to the village. "What's going on?" Asami asked. "No time to explain right now, but we need to get you to Korra or she might not make it," Rika said. They ran and ran until they eventually reached the village. They ran into Korra's hut. 

Asami saw her lying on her bed in pain. She ran over to Korra. "What happened?" Asami asked. "She got shot with an arrow in her gash in her side. Causing it to open up more than ever before. We took it out but it's only causing more blood to come out," Jin said. Asami could see Korra was in a lot of pain. "Ah!" Korra hissed as Asami put her hand on her side. "You're going to be okay., Asami whispered. The gang left the room. Asami tried to stop the bleeding but it just wouldn't stop. "Come on, stop," Asami said. "I-It's no use. I-It's opened up too many times," Korra said. "No, I'm going to save you! I'm not going to let you die," Asami cried and Korra put her hand on Asami's cheek. "I'm sorry, about what I said that day, I didn't mean any of it. I-I didn't want you to get hurt. I-I never wanted to hurt you. So I wanted you to hate me. I-I rather have you hate me than have you get hurt because of me," Korra said and Asami grabbed her hand. "I know. I heard everything. I could never hate you. I love you too much to hate you," Asami cried and Korra chuckled. "Heh, love. A word I haven't heard since I was sixteen. Sad isn't it. My life has been nothing but loss and death. I swear I was cursed. I don't know what I've done... I should die," Korra said. "Don't talk like that. You're the person that's been on my mind always. I don't want to hear that. I want you to live. Live for me because I love you," Asami cried. "I love you too, Asami. I just wish I could have said it sooner," Korra said, as her hand slowly dropped from Asami cheek.