Episode 1, Prologue

"All Matchmaker's have the power to make desire, and with this desire, we fuel the Sun. Your job is the most important all above the rest."

I groan as I hear my alarm go off for the 5th time in a row. New school year with the same damn people who can't take the hint of a "real relationship." Being a Cupid is hard, but the job is the reason I can freelance in this world, so it's not that bad.

Before we jumped to conclusions, I do like humans, and I am not a loner. Ha! I could even say I was popular!

Also about this "Cupid" thing, Hi my name is Dani, (short for Danielle) and I am an Authentic Matchmaker, AM for short. I have been a Matchmaker my whole life, and the sole purpose I am on this Earth right now is for matchmaking young adults. However, my job is making me go insane because kids these days are nothing close to loyal, and, it might even break my job...(help sos)

"Well, why are you so scared of losing your job?"
Well the thing is, whenever you capture a shot of two lovers, there desires for each other give off an effect called "The Love Aura" and that shit is hot. So hot it heats the Earth with the Sun.

I live on the Sun, but when you come to earth, you adapt to the weather, and at first it's fucking freezings. It was so cold when I got here I wore a puffer jacket in summer. I'm so scared to go back to the Sun because of two things,

1. ITS GONNA BE HOTTTT

2. Cupid is going to beat my ass.

Cupid! Yes, Cupid. The highest up Matchmaker to roam the Earth. He's the King to many other Matchmakers. He is literally known as "Cupid" and of course, being a try hard is like the olympics to him.

So if I ever failed a mission I would probably never touch grass again, and the only this that is close to that is my gr(ASS) getting burnt to smithereens by the Sun AND Cupid.

As a junior in high school, and a matchmaker, can you guess which one I take more seriously...............

*drum roll*

If you guessed school, you're wrong! Yayy!! The only reason I am here at the moment is because I don't want to be burnt to crisps, but honestly it's not that bad! I make friends, bank with Earth money, and, I'm not burning alive either!!

This year is going to be different, I can feel it. I will hit the "actual love from young adults" checkpoint, just wait!

But until then, I will let my alarm ring till I wake up at 7:15 with only 10 minutes to get ready.

Sayonara!

AUTHORS NOTE- Hi everyone! I'm a new writer, and this is a demo for a story I have been thinking of. So.. What do we think? Please tell me!!

I will try and update soon, and sorry about how short it is!!

Until the next chapter, I love you, and have a good sleep!

-judy