⁠⁰⋌☬Confrontation ☬⋋⁰⁠

Quackity POV:

The stone was far from crumbling, but Quackity still took care as he gripped the sides of the wall.

"Y'know, last time I did this, I had my knives, and it was much easier." Wilbur grunted from below him. "The walls weren't as smooth and shiny as this..."

Quackity looked down and considered the risks of freeing a foot to kick him in the head. "Are you calling my castle decrepit?"

Wilbur smiled up at him, watching his foot warily as if he could read the king's mind.
"What, are you saying you haven't given it a renovation since I was gone?"

Quackity rolled his eyes and turned back to the task at hand.

It had been three weeks since the island. Three weeks spent travelling and planning.

Now they were finally at Dream's castle, and he couldn't afford to lose his focus. He ran over and over the plan in his head, but knew that it was no use smoothing out the kinks now. This was it.

Him and Wilbur were scaling the wall surrounding the castle, both to get a good vantage point, and to signal to the others so that they could get the gates open.

They'd timed it so that the guard atop the wall was switching right at this moment, leaving it abandoned for a brief time. But that small window of opportunity wouldn't last forever, and they needed to hurry if they wanted to be out of sight by the time someone came back into the vacant place.

Quackity's fingers curled around the top of the wall. "Here," he said, hoisting himself up enough to offer a hand down to Wilbur.

Wilbur grasped his hand firmly and pulled himself up. They paused for a few seconds atop the wall to catch their breaths.

"In fact, this is so much easier with someone else. I should have partnered up ages ago." Wilbur grinned at him.

Quackity scoffed. "C'mon, we have to move."

They scurried over to the battlement, keeping low as to not be seen from below. Luckily, they had the cover of darkness to help, but against the looming full moon and spatter of stars, their silhouettes would be distinct there on the wall.

From the window facing into the castle inside the tower, they searched the grounds for a glint of purple.

"There!" Quackity hissed, grabbing Wilbur's arm to alert him of the spotting. A tiny spurt of purple magic had come from over by the gates. That would be Niki, Ranboo and Tommy. The signal.

On cue, the sound of shuffling came from outside the battlement. Exchanging a look, Wilbur swept to the doorway and peeked out, looking back quickly for confirmation. Quackity nodded, and in a swift movement, Wilbur grabbed the guard and dragged him inside, a hand over his mouth to muffle his yell.

Quackity drew his sword for his sheath and used the hilt to knock the man unconscious, shoving him back at Wilbur

Wilbur tugged the guards outer uniform off and put it on. Grabbing the helmet, he slipped it over his head and flipped the front up.

"Alright. Good luck." Wilbursaid, nodding at Quackity and starting for the doorway again.

Quackity grabbed his wrist and held him back.

Wilbur turned to him, stepping closer again.

“Just... Don't do anything stupid” Quackity breathed.

“What like die for you?” Wilbur smirked and cocked his head slightly.

Quackity flinched and Wilbur turned serious,