A kiss and a film

Cw: nothing really? Mentions of Arlecchino. Lumifuri(what did this become to?😭), bold Furina, just some fluff before it all comes to shit😈, sorry for not updating I'm actually lazy asf, good luck to everyone pulling for Arlecchino

Furina smiled as she heard a gentle knock on the door and gradually made her way over. Lumine stood outside, looking somewhat different than usual.

Something about her was...off.

"Lumine, Lumine. Come in!" She exclaimed while grabbing the girls hand and pulling her inside. The blondes attitude changed almost instantly.

She could never feel mad in the presence of Furina, she was always so welcoming and kind. Despite also being sassy, but Furina had a soft spot for Lumine as well.

Furina went on to explain how she picked out a movie to play on a projector, 'oh god' Lumine thought as she gulped and nervously looked at the projector. The film was the same one Furina was playing for her upcoming film.

Beauty and the beast.

The film they were watching was another adaptation, however it was most similar to the one she was starring in.

The original, like most fairy tales—was a lot more different. So it was sort of changed but kept most of the plot points.

The two sat together on Furina's bed bundled in a cozy blanket. Still, Lumine's mind lingered back to the video Arlecchino played earlier and guilt crawled its way inside Lumine's body.

Unbeknownst to Lumine, Furina somehow got closer and closer to the blonde. It to the point where it could be qualified as cuddling.

Lumine didn't notice, she was zoned out for most of the movie, until the scene where the beast became human appeared.

Despite not paying attention to the film, she could make out some of the characters main traits. Beauty, the main character, reminded her a little too much of Furina. The traveler knitted her eyebrows, it felt Arlecchino was doing tricks to her mind.

The beast reminded her exactly of the Knave, at least what she knew of her at the moment. The beast seemed heartless, cruel, and yet somehow Beauty fell in love with the beast.

Sure the beast was under a curse, making him stricken with grief to the point he would act out of line. But Arlecchino was different.

Arlecchino was a monster, far worse than the beast from the film—or any type of creature Lumine has fought before.

She was terrible, the worst of the worse. 'The next time I see her, I'll make sure to wipe that fucking smile off her-'

"-Lumine?..." A voice called out. She turned to see a confused Furina looking at her, the heterochromia eyed girl's expression became sour.

"Seriously, I can't believe you zoned out again! You've been doing that for a couple of days now.." Furina trailed off, then her eyes widened as if she had came up with something.

"My performance isn't bad right??" She panicked, then reassured herself. "No, that cannot be the case! My performances alone are the pride of Fontaine" She chuckled nervously.

"But seriously though, what is going on Lumine? I hope it's not because of that thing I told you about." Furina admitted, crossing her arms.

The traveler sighed, trying to go off topic "No, your acting is as perfect as usual. And there's nothing going on, I just always feel exhausted after doing my missions, you know?"

Furina was a little weary, but decided to take her word for it. "Okay, just...please do tell me if something is troubling you, I may not be much help but I can always listen."

Lumine nodded, smiling. "Thanks Furina."

The former hydro archon decided to be a little bold, Lumine almost gasped in surprise when Furina leaned her head against her shoulder.

The blonde girl's breathe hitched, and she stopped moving altogether from the sudden contact. Furina's soft hair almost tickled her, and Lumine could hear her soft breathing.

Traveler's flustered reaction gave Furina the courage to wrap her arm around the girl's waist, pulling her into a hug. Now the two were officially cuddling.

Despite being so red in the face, Lumine tried to hug her back so Furina wouldn't get the wrong idea. The two sat in silence as the film began to end with the kiss scene with the prince and beauty.

Lumine glanced at Furina, who was already staring at her. The traveler quickly looked away, probably wondering why she was being so nervous.

Furina giggled in between lumine's neck, which tickled her. Despite that, Lumine tried to stop the laughter from coming out.

The hydro user shuffled around, to the point where she got incredibly close to Lumine. Too close.

Lumine turned her head slightly and Furina was right in front of her, inches away from her face. Lumine's eyes dilated and the blush intensified.

No words were spoken out loud, but in the Traveler's mind however, was a different story. She knew what was about to happen but waited for Furina to do it.

The former hydro archon got closer and closer to the point she could feel her breath on her dry lips, Lumine licked them out of pressure.

Furina's hands on her waist slowly made its way upward and wrapped around the blonde's neck. Lumine gulped before leaning in, officially kissing the shorter girl.

Despite initiating the kiss, Furina felt surprised, but also...happy? She couldn't tell what she feeling but all she knew was that she enjoyed it.

After a bit, the two separated, Furina letting out a small gasp before giggling, "Well, I wasn't expecting that to happen, ever."

The blush was less evident on Lumine's face, but still there. "Uh, yeah. Me neither.." Lumine replied while scratching her rosy cheeks.

Furina let out a yawn and fell into Lumine's chest, "I apologize...for not asking Lumine.." the girl slowly drifted off to sleep, leaving a shocked Lumine sitting on the comfortable floors.

The traveler shook her head, deciding to ignore what had just happened and carried Furina bridal style, the smaller girl's arms still wrapped around her neck.

Lumine gently laid her down onto the bed and covered her with a blanket, she took one small glance at the sleeping girl before heading to the door.