Reunion

Excitement swells and you feel tears well in your eyes.

" HALSIN! "

You jump and he catches you in a tight hug, it has been much too long since you last saw one another. Astarion scoffs but you know all too well he is just as excited as you. You shared many nights with this man in his bedroll but after things settled and your journey together ended he returned to the shadow cursed lands to renew the place that had been shrouded in darkness for far too long. You couldn't help but giggle like a school girl with anticipation of his new stories and getting to share yours. Once he let you down from his comforting embrace he walked to Astarion who stood stiffly. Halsin hugged him with no warning, Astarion hesitated but quickly gave in to the oversized elf and shared his embrace.

" Oak father preserve me, I have missed the two of you deeply. I can't wait to share what has become of the shadow cursed lands and hear what the cities nuances now hold. First, everyone has been awaiting your arrival, go, go, go say hello. Then we will speak. "

His eyes are warm as ever, you struggle to part his gaze but look to Astarion who seems to also be struggling to take his eyes off of him.

" Right then " you say trying to pull yourself back together
" We will catch up soon. "

" Keep it in your pants sweetie, we have people to greet "

Astarion says with his snarky smile and you can't help but chuckle. The two of you make your way around the camp chatting with those you were desperate to see again. You speak with a projection of Lea'zel who looks uncomfortably at peace. She has been roaming the astral plane with a great dragon mount and you couldn't be more thrilled for her. You find Wyll and Karlach admiring the river wistfully; as they have been traveling through Avernus kicking ass and taking names, of course.

" Hey, Soldier! " You shout and make a playful tenhut to Karlach.

You're just happy to see her not burned alive by her infernal engine of a heart. Wyll parts his gaze from the river and gives you a heartfelt hug and Astarion a "man's" handshake. You chat with the two of them learning of their adventures in Avernus and say your "I missed yous, and we'll chat more laters". Moving on through camp you make your way to Shadowheart, standing alone at the fire clutching a glass of wine to her chest.

" There you are, we've all been waiting for you two to show up" she says with a lovable sass.

" Sorry to have been late, can you find it in your heart to forgive me" you say giving her the same playful sass back.

" Well isn't it the one with hair almost as beautiful as mine" Astarion says gesturing to her white hair.

" I am glad to see you I hope you know, even you Astarion. I must admit it has been slightly lonely traveling with out your idiocy ringing in my ear " Shadowheart says with a wink

" We're happy to see you too Shadowheart. Well share stories just as soon as we've caught up with a certain bearded wizard"

" Don't expect me to be waiting " she quips playfully

Gale. Stanging at the table of wine and cheese. He's just as handsome as you remember. Suddenly your feel a pitter patter in your chest. You always did have a crush on the stylishly robed wizard. As you make your way over Astarion grabs your wrist with intent--

"Not everyone is happy to share you the way I am, don't be too obvious darling. He wasn't interested in sharing in your many pleasures before, don't expect him to change his mind so swiftly. I don't want to see you disappointed. "

" I know Astarion, thank you. Nevertheless I am eager to see him and hear of his life in Waterdeep. I know you are too, I know you better than for you to be able to hide your excitement from me."

" Just ease in my love" he says with his deep ruby red eyes

" Yes, of course my love. I have not forgotten our conversations on the matter"

------------

The two of you have had many conversations on the matter of finding joy in the pleasures of many. He knows of your long nights spent with Halsin, though the three of you have never connected your bodies in the way you wish you had.

But- there's always time for that.

Gale on the other hand is a different story. You both confessed your feelings for each other early into your companionship. The only problem is you were already in a relationship with Astarion. Gale does not take kindly to sharing his love with more than one. Part of your heart broke again thinking on the sad eyes you made at each other since the day you couldn't commit to only him. Part of you never gave up the idea of him changing his mind, as he he never hid is everlasting love and lust for you. He was probably hoping I would change my mind too.

You take a breath and kiss Astarion on the cheek and make your way towards Gale.

"Well isn't it my favorite wizard of Waterdeep. God's Gale, it has been far too long since we last spoke." You say with earnest eyes. " I rather missed you you know."

"What did I say about easing in" Astarion snapped under his breath so only I could hear.

'I missed you.  You're even more beautiful that I remember" the wizard said "How has the life of a Baldurian been treating you? " He says while making slightly defeated eyes in Astarion direction.

We have been basking in each other's bodies, giving in to our every pleasure with one another. So much so we've hardly left the Szarr Palace, but I wouldn't tell him that.

"We've been enjoying to the newfound silence in our brains for starters! " You say with an uncomfortable chuckle

" I would love to hear all about your life in Waterdeep. Might we share a glass of wine together by the fire for old times sake? "

" That would be most lovely " Gale says to you with a hungry look in his eyes

We adjourn to our old spot by the fire, sitting on tattered rugs. Slowly all who have come to visit join us and there is a roar of laughter and celebration. Hiding in the air a slight twinge of sadness as you know this night is quickly fleeting. You see Alfira - your most favorite bard- climb up on a rock towering over the camp playing her favorite songs. We sing and dance, talking of our new life in a slurred tone. Then we hear a cryptic-

"Thank you for joining me on such short notice" the words bellow across camp, its Withers. Standing with Alfira, her glass up in a toast.

"Tonight is one of celebration, we rejoice in the heavy battles that have been won. God's and other worldly creatures defeated by your hands. We stand here in awe of the new world created by your struggles and raise our glass to the love and friendship made along the way. Time stood still in your victory but continues ticking on in your triumph, please do not let this moment escape to soon. This camp is where the most perilous journey of your lives began and it is now where it ends, tadpole and mindflayer free. Enjoy the festivities as they are ever fleeting."

You all raise your glasses in a cheers everyone with the gleam of tears in their eyes. This night belongs to all of you for your well deserved sacrifices.