Verosika Mayday (April Fools)

ALL CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY ARE 18+ AND OF CONSENTING AGE!

(Verosika Mayday belongs to Vivziepop)

I'm a mechanic for a local bowling alley. My job is to make sure that the bowling pin setter machines are working properly and fix any of them in case of they start acting up. I also make sure that the runways are oiled-up for the customers before the alley opens.

My boss, who is the owner of this fine establishment, said that one of the machines is malfunctioning. Thankfully, he said its not on fire, so hopefully it shouldn't be a huge hassle.

It's Saturday night and the bowling alley closed just a half hour ago. I just finished some paperwork and start grabbing my tools. I was just about to leave my office until my boss comes in. He was just about to hand me the keys to lock up the building until he notices me grabbing my tools. He tells me to walk with him to the back room where the machines are.

As we walk, he explains to me that the problem started earlier today when a family was playing a game of bowling. They were just having a good ol' time until the machine started to act all weird on them. My boss compensated the family with a different bowling lane, carrying over their score, and offer them free pizza and snacks for the trouble. The family was a bit annoyed but thankfully understanding.

My boss and I walk into to the back room. The long room is a bit crowded since each pin setter machine takes up the most room. He points out the defective pin machine and I tell him that I can get it fixed in roughly a half hour and then I'll close the place up. My boss thanks me and jokingly says he'll provide me with free pizza for a month. I tell him that I'll hold him to it. We share a laugh, he hands me the keys to the building, wishes me a goodnight, and leaves for the night.

I make sure to turn off power to the machine by pressing a few buttons so it doesn't start going while I'm inside trying to fix it. That wouldn't end well. I look around inside to see what the problem is until I find it. Turns out that one of the chains that helps raises and lowers the setting table is broken. Should be an easy fix.

I remove the old chain and replace it with a new one. Now I need to test the machine with a set of pins since there are none on the runway. I look around the room and see a couple of boxes. I open the first one and see two sets of bowling pins inside. I pull both sets out and I place the first set on the ground. One pin tips over and rolls a few feet away from the other pins. I wave it off and decide put the pin back in a bit.

I then place the second set on the conveyor belt. I turn the power back on and let the pin setter machine do all the work.

The small conveyor belt moves the pins and each one lands on the pin elevator that takes them up one at a time. Each pin rises up to the top until each one slides out of the elevator and rides into their individual spots on the setting table. Lo and behold, the table lowers down and sets all ten pins on the runway with no problem at all. I wipe my hands with satisfaction.

Y/N: There we go, that should do it.

Female voice: Oh, thank you so much, sir!

Y/N: Don't mention it.

My eyes suddenly grow wide in realization. My eyes dart around the room, trying to find the source of the voice.

Y/N: Is...I-is someone in here?

Female voice: Down here.

I look down to my right and I can't believe what I'm seeing...