[14]

"Steve! I'm off to the doctors! See you soon," she called, grabbing the keys to her bike, which was, thankfully, still parked outside. Steve came out of the kitchen, and he walked over to his wife.

"This is going to sound insane, but I want you to take your gun. Strap it to your leg, under your pants. Say it's a brace if anyone asks. We can't take any chances anymore," Steve whispered, and Blossom looked to him.

"You sure? And yes, it does sound insane," she nodded, and he set his hands on her shoulders, squeezing them gently.

"I'm positive. And use the brace excuse. After all, you are having trouble walking," Steve sighed, and she looked down.

"And I'll have a bit more trouble with a Glock 9 strapped to my thigh," she shot back softly, and he looked back up at her. He pulled her into a hug, and she hugged him back gently.

"I know babydoll, but I don't want to risk losing you," he whispered, and she nodded. She stepped back from him, kissed his cheek, and turned towards their room.

"Fine, I'll wear it. But, on one condition," she hummed, and he turned her back to him.

"And what might that be, my darling?" he asked, brushing her hair out of her face.

"I might need your help, strapping it on," she whispered, trailing her fingers up his chest and ghosting them under his chin. He shivered under her touch, and he gripped her hips.

"What are we waiting for then?" he whispered back, picking her up and bringing her to their room. He set her on their bed, and he opened her drawer on her nightstand. He pulled out her gun and holster, and he watched as she unbuttoned her pants and slid them down her legs. She kicked them off, and he stood with wide eyes, just staring at her. He snapped out of it and knelt in front of her, and she smiled down at him. He wrapped the holster around her leg and snapped it shut, kissing down her leg as he did so.

"So soft," he mumbled, and she chuckled. He slipped her gun into its glove on the holster, and he handed her her pants back. She pulled them back on, and he helped her get them over the gun.

"Now can I go? I'm gonna be late,"she smiled, and he nodded. She stood and kissed his cheek before leaving their room, and their apartment.

***

"All right Mrs. Rogers, development is going smoothly. I think you and your husband are going to be lucky with this one," Dr. Newsome smiled. Blossom smiled herself, and she tucked her hair back.

"That's the best news I've heard in a while. We've been trying for years, and, well, you know the gist," Blossom waved her hand, and Newsome nodded.

"Yes, I remember. Blossom, is something wrong with your leg? It looks a little, bulged?" she asked, and Blossom swallowed.

"Oh, it's nothing. I've got a leg brace I need to wear under my clothing. I hurt my ankle, and my husband suggested I wear it," she explained, and the doctor nodded.

"Ah, he's a sweetheart. Always looking out for you, isn't he?"

"Yeah, he's the perfect guy. Just wish he trusted me a bit more."

"I'm sure he does. But with what's been happening around here as of late, you can never be too careful. Now, we need to schedule for an ultrasound that'll define the baby's gender. You're at about the six week mark, so how about in twelve weeks? You'll definitely be showing by then," Newsome suggested.

"Yeah, yeah that works. And I'll bring Steve along. That'll be okay, right? We didn't exactly make it this far in the game last time," Blossom sighed, and Newsome set her hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, you'll make it this time. And of course you can bring Steve, I'm sure he'd be thrilled to learn the gender of his baby. Oh, and because of this ultrasound, I was able to calculate your due date. If I were you, it's June, right? Then I'd expect this baby around March 15th," Newsome smiled, and Blossom nodded.

"If all goes well," she said, the bundle of nerves resurfacing. 

"Listen to me. You're going to have this baby, I know you are. Stop doubting yourself, and your reproductive organs," Newsome teased, and Blossom rolled her eyes.

"Britt, you've become unbearable. And I'm not doubting my uter-"

"That's enough outta you there. I'll see you back here in about twelve weeks, got me?" Brittany Newsome smiled, and Blossom saluted.

"You've my word," she grinned, and she left the room to go pay for the visit.

***

"How'd it go?" Steve asked as Blossom entered the apartment again.

"It went well. Now, help me take this stupid holster off before my leg loses all feeling, again," Blossom groaned, and Steve nodded. He helped her back into the bedroom and assisted her with removing her her pants. He pulled out the gun and undid the holster straps before sliding it down her bare leg. As he did so, he ran his hand down the underside of her leg and down to her foot.

"Why are they-?"

"I just shaved this morning, smart guy," she smiled, gently pushing him with her foot. He chuckled and gently gripped her ankle, pulling her towards him. 

"Whoa!" she squeaked, falling from the edge of the bed into his lap. He caught her and held her gently, and she blushed.

"Can I have my pants back now?" she asked, and he chuckled.

"Sure thing babydoll," he chuckled, handing her her bottoms back. She took them and pulled them back on, and she rubbed her leg.

"I don't want to wear that thing again," she muttered, brushing her hair back.

"I know, and I'm sorry I made you wear it. I just-"

"Don't wanna take any chances. I know, I know," she smiled, playing with his hair.

"When's your next appointment?" he asked, holding her hips gently.

"In about three months. And you're coming with me. It's the fun visit," she whispered, and he tilted his head.

"The fun visit?"

"We get to find out what the sex of the baby is in that visit, dork," she giggled, cupping his face and kissing him sweetly. He kissed her back lovingly, the excitement growing in his chest.