[22]

"Blossom. Blossom, wake up. Come on babydoll, you gotta wake up," Steve whispered, trailing his fingers down his wife's arm. She squirmed a bit and shuffled, hugging her pillow tightly. He smiled and gentle moved his fingers down her side, to her hip, and then back up again. She shuffled slightly, rolling onto her stomach, and he chuckled. Gently, he shifted to hover over her, pressing his palms flat against the bed on either side of her.

"Babydoll, wake up," he whispered again, and she moaned.

"Not now. Five more minutes," she mumbled, and he chuckled.

"But how can I give you birthday kisses when you won't look at me?" he asked, and she groaned. She buried her face in her pillow, and he shook his head. Slowly, he began to kiss from her neck to the small of her back, holding her hips gently.

"Mm, Stevie..." she hummed, tensing when cool air hit her body as he pulled back the covers. He spread kisses all across her back as he gently massaged her hips, making her moan softly. 

"You shouldn't be so tense, babydoll. It's just me," he whispered, and she rolled onto her back to face him. He smiled down at her, leaning down to kiss her nose.

"Happy birthday, baby," he whispered, and she smiled up at him.

"Mm, thank you very much, ya big sap," she teased, and he laughed softly. He climbed off of her and shifted to lay beside her. Blossom giggled and snuggled closer to him, making him smile. 

"What do you want for breakfast?" he asked, running his fingers through her hair. She had been growing it out, so it was almost halfway down her back at this point.

"Look, even though it's my birthday, you don't need to make me breakfast. But, if you could make it together, that would be fun," she traced along his chest, and he smiled.

"I can make that happen. By the way, Edna is coming over to watch Victoria tonight while we go out for dinner," Steve climbed out of bed, and Blossom sat up.

"Shit, I forgot about that," she muttered as she tossed the covers off and stood.

"About dinner or Edna coming over?"

"Both."

Steve laughed softly and tossed Blossom her shirt and shorts, which she pulled on.

"Really? You're not gonna put a shirt on? or pants?" she laughed, and he smiled. Steve walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close.

"It's part one of your birthday present," he teased, and she chuckled.

"Then I'm one lucky birthday girl," she wrapped her arms around him and gave him a squeeze before walking off to the kitchen, with him trailing behind.

***

"Blossom, almost ready to go?" Steve called as he buttoned up his blue dress shirt. Without a verbal response, Blossom stepped out of the bathroom in her black dress, her heels clicking on the floor. Steve looked to her, and his jaw dropped, making her blush and tucked her hair back.

"You look absolutely beautiful, babydoll. But, I have two things to give you," he whispered, motioning her to stand in front of him. She did so, and gently, he took out a small flower clip, colored black. He set it in her hair, and she smiled shyly.

"Now, turn around," he smiled, and she did. He slowly pulled out a choker necklace with a heart on it and carefully set it around her neck. She smiled and set a hand on the pendant, and the doorbell rang. Steve kissed her head and went to get the door, and she followed.

"Hi, Edna. Thank you for doing this," Steve smiled as he left his wife's friend inside.

"It was no trouble, Steve. You two need to get out for a while, and bonus that it's her birthday," Edna chuckled, and Steve laughed softly. He pulled Blossom close, minding her heels, and she smiled. 

"Now, Victoria should be asleep, but if she wakes up, it'll be right around her feeding time, so make sure to warm a bottle up, and if she needs her pacifier, it's in a little case on the dresser," Blossom told her, and Steve smiled at her. Before Blossom could add anything else, Steve had pulled her out of their apartment, and Edna shut the door.

***

Steve and Blossom sat at a table outside of their favorite restaurant. Blossom was enjoying herself, and nothing made Steve happier than seeing her having a good time. Steve smiled at her and gently raised his glass, motioning for her to do the same.

"Happy birthday, my dear," he smiled, and they tapped glasses before taking a sip. Steve smiled at her again, and he picked up a bit of pasta with his fork.

"Open up you," he said softly, and she did so with a giggle. He fed her a bit of his dinner, and she smiled at him. He had been doing that the entire time they had their dinners, but he wouldn't let her feed him.

"Quit being difficult, Mr. Rogers," she laughed softly.

"I will not quit being difficult, Mrs. Rogers," he chuckled. Blossom blushed lightly and smiled shyly, looking away a bit. Every time he called her that, she got butterflies in her stomach and her heart would race. They finished up their dinner, and he paid. They left the restaurant hand in hand, and Steve kissed her hair. 

"Steve, thank you for tonight. This has been the best birthday I've ever had. I love you," she whispered, and he grinned down at her.

"You're very welcome, and I'm glad I could make it enjoyable. I love you, too," he whispered back, scooping her up and adjusting her so no one could see up her dress. She wrapped her arms around his neck and snuggled close to his chest.

"Mm, I love you so much, babydoll. Words cannot describe how much you mean to me," he whispered as he carried her back home. She hid her face in his neck and smiled, making him chuckle.

"I'm sleepy..." she giggled, and he smiled.

"Then sleep. I'll see Edna out, and I'll wake you up so you can change, and then we can end the night with birthday cuddles for the birthday girl," he kissed her nose.

"I like that idea," she smiled, and he held her close.

"I knew you would," he whispered, and she kissed his cheek, cuddling closer to him for the rest of the walk home.