Chapter 6

It was 5am, the morning after the fireman's ball. Andy had woken up early so she could go visit Jack before her first day as captain. She slowly got out of bed trying not to wake Vic. Despite  her best efforts she failed.

Vic- "mmm what are you doing?"

Andy- "I'm gonna visit Jack before shift. Go back to sleep mi amor." she said planting a kiss on her forehead.

Vic- "I can get ready and go with you" her voice to raspy.

Andy- "Stay here and get some extra sleep. You need it cariño."

Vic- "Fine Ill see you at work"

Andy finished getting ready and made her way to the hospital. When she got to the hospital her friend was awake. They talked for a couple hours before she had to go to work.

7 o-clock, an hour and a half after Andy left, Scout came running into the guest room as Vic was getting ready.

Scout- "Where's Auntie Andy."

Vic- "She already left buddy"

Scout- "Awe Okay" he said as his smile dropped.

Vic- "What's wrong"

Scout- "I always see her before she leaves for work. She made us breakfast yesterday!"

Vic- "You want me to make breakfast?"

Scout- "Sure. Mama Jo and Daddy are getting ready."

Vic made breakfast before leaving. On her way to work she stopped and grabbed coffee.

"What can I get for you?"

Vic- "I'll have an iced Mocha latte and then can I get an iced Lavender latte with an avocado toast."

"You've got good taste. The lavender latte is really good."

Vic- "It's actually not for me. It's for my girlfriend."

"Well she has good taste" she chuckled.

Vic- "If it's as good as you say it is, I'll have to make it our spot."

"Sweet-waters is best coffee in around"

Vic left with the toast and coffee. She arrived at work and went into the captains office to see her girlfriend doing paperwork. She shut the door and walked toward her desk.

Vic- "Good morning"

Andy- "Good morning amor. What do you have?"

Vic- "Your favorite. Iced Lavender latte and avocado toast. I wasn't sure if you have eaten yet."

Andy- "I haven't. Thank you querida. Did you eat this morning?"

Vic- "Scout was sad that you left this morning before saying good morning. He wanted you to make breakfast again, so I ended up making it."

Andy- "I'm sorry"

Vic- "Don't be. Your neice and nephew are amazing. Uhm also I called you my girlfriend this morning. I ordered your coffee and the lady taking my order said I have good taste and that the lavender latte is the best on the menu. I said it's my girlfriend's not mine. I know we haven't put a label on it but-"

Andy- "Woah Vic slow down. It's okay. I love that you called me yours and I do have to agree with her. I do have really good taste." she said smirking.

Vic- "Andrea Herrera"

"Aid Car 19" the speakers called.

Andy- "I'm gonna ride this one with you"

Vic- "Okay, but you have to take it easy still."