Chapter one, boat

*——

*
——

"— this is the culture of your Ancestors, Kei." Her mother tells her, a soft and warm smile as she looked at her daughter as she was standing before a pot with the food of her ancestors after telling her a story about their ancestors. She looks up as she looks at her mother who had her hair with a style of hairdo that was like Bumblebees, the same going for her.

She blinks before she looks at him in understanding, a warm smile appears on Kei's face. "So you must make sure to remember this, after all— your father wasn't from our land, so you must carry this on to your own children my daughter." Her mother smiles warmly at kei, who nods in understanding, "alright mama!"

A painful pant comes out of her lips, the breaths she had were hot as she closes her eyes tightly and painfully, her head was beating as she gripped her arms tightly. Her olive colored skin had a harsh blush from a fever over her face. She swallows dryly, "water..." she groans as her eyes pry open, her hazy gaze moving down to the water. The wings on her back were cut a bit along with her arm that had two thick scars that looked new, only a day old. The wounds had dried blood. Her blonde hair was messy, near her head was some dry blood, showing that whatever happened previously, it wasn't a good thing.

Her eyes flicker close before she curls herself in a ball, her eyes closed tightly in pain. Her head was throbbing as she let shaky breaths exit.

"I'm sorry... mama..."

*
——

On Captain Rodger's ship, was a red haired boy who went by the Name; Shanks. The boy was leaning against the railing of the ship, looking out at the vast sea with a bored yet bothered expression. The boy had been caught by some Marines prior to today, and his Captain got him out of the ordeal, which made him angry at himself and his inability to try and impress Rodger more. So, he was staring off into the vast sea, the air had a smell of salt. Then, his eyes caught a glimpse of a small row boat drifting through this vast sea, and he didn't see the contents of what was in there, but all he cared was that it peaked his interest.

He straightens up as his brows were raised in intrest, "a boat? Maybe there's treasure.." he trails off with a grin, thinking about securing a treasure chest lifts him from his spirits. He looks behind himself, seeing that no one was on deck at this moment, so he looks forward again before he stepped up onto the railing before jumping off it, and just when he thought he would make it and do some cool move, he completely misses it— splashing into the salty sea.

His head shoots up with his red hair all soaked, water dripping down his face, his strawhat with a red ribbon wrapped around the top of it was soaking wet, the front part sagging before his black eyes, making his face sour lightly, but it wipes away as he shakes his head to get the acess water off his head. He then began to swim towards the small row boat, and as soon as he grabbed the siding and lifted himself up a bit to see, his wide eyes filled with excitement of seeing what kind of treasure was in there, was ripped away to be exchanged with confusion, blinking as he stared into the boat with surprise and confusion.

Inside the small boat was not a chest filled with Beri's or gold, but instead a small girl around his age who had blonde hair that was golden, reminiscent of a well known pirate. The girl had some of her hair styled to look like some kind of bumblebee or antennae's, her face was a olive tone yet it was sickly pale with her face aflame and red, her eye color was unknown as her eyes were squeezed shut in pain, she wore a plain red colored dress that reached below her thighs with some plain white pants underneath, and she wore a pair of plain sandals. But what stood out most about her was the two Wings on the back of herself, wings on a person weren't something one would come across, even those with Zoan type Devil Fruits dont have that. He also noticed the scars that didn't seem that long ago for her to accumulate.

"A— a girl?! And wings??" He blinks in shock, his words seem to make the girl's eyes lightly peer open, for her— she couldn't make the boy's appearance out much, much less his voice. "P—please... help..." she breaths out painfully before her eyes squeeze close again.

Her words cause Shank's eyes to widen, his hand grabbing her by her upper Arm leading to her shoulder, "hey! Are you in trouble?! Hey! Are you sick or something?!?" He calls out in a panic, even though he didn't know this girl, he couldn't just let her be in pain, that's not a manly thing for a man to do. "Hey! Don't go to sleep! I'll go get you help! Hold on" he calls out as he took his hand away and he gets in the boat fully, grabbing the sick girl and throwing her arm over his shoulder.

He looks over at the blonde girl whose head hanged as she seemingly passed out from her sickness, making Shanks bottom lip to purse out. A fever he suspects mentally before he looked forward at the water. Huffing out, he gets out the boat and into the water as easy as he could without tipping the boat or anything of that sort. As soon as he did, he felt himself being weighed down due to him having to carry the girl; which he recognized that this idea wasn't exactly the best, but that was past him's problem.

So, he sucks it up. He began to swim as best as he could, kicking his legs with all his might. It didn't help that he had this girl and he still had his saber on his hip, but he was nearing the ship so there was no point in turning back, plus— he didn't know if she really just had a simple fever or if she had something else, so he simply kept swimming with the slight trouble he did.

Eventually, he made it to the side of the ship, when he realized he made a mistake, and that was that he didn't know how to get up the ship now.

"Hey! Can anyone here me?!? I need help!!... please!.." he swallows his pride, swallowing thickly. And just as he went to yell again, he saw the familiar face of him.

"Shanks?"

It was rodger.

***
——
1154 words