Chapter two, pirates

*——

*
——

Rodger ended up helping Shanks out. Again. When the captain got them on the ship, Shanks still had the girl up with the help of his arms, "Shanks. Go get Crocus, i'll stay with the girl." Roger orders the aprentice, who let the girl out of his arms, roger laid the girl down on her back who had a pained expression, her face was flaming red. Shanks looked at her, a subtly worried look over his face, but he didn't stay long as he turned and ran off to go get the Crews doctor, rushing.  Rogers eyes looked down at the girl, the sight of the antennae style on her hair, that and the wings was what caught his attention the most

Her eyes peek open a bit, confusion and pain swirling through her brown colored eyes, though it didn't last long as she closed them again.  His eyes then saw the scars on her left arm, his brows furrowing forward lightly as he saw the recent scars.

When crocus arrived, he noted the girl was quite sick, as well as showing much signs of a bad fever, along with the injuries she seemingly possesses. Shank was behind crocus, lightly worried for the girl. "I'll take her to med bay.." crocus says, picking her up bridesmaid style before turning. Roger stood up, his eyes moved down at Shanks, before grinning at the red haired boy, who blinks in surprise of the expression. "Nice work Shanks, she'd probably not last." He tells shanks, patting the younger on the head, who blinks in surprise as he stared at Roger who left to head to the med bay.

*
——

It had been around less than a week, when Kei's eyes blink open slowly, her eyes adjust to the room, but when they fully opened, and she recognized that she was in a unknown room, her eyes widened as she sat up quickly, though she immediately held her head that had a bandage on. Her head was throbbing and the world spinned from her sitting up too fast.

After her mind settled down more than before, her eyes look around widly before vividly remembering two people, one was a loud older black haired man with a usual captain's hat and a boy around her age with flaming red hair and a specific strawhat.

"Am i... am i on their ship?..." her voice croaks out in a strained way, obviously due to the fact her vocal cords weren't used for the time being. As she realized that she most likely was, panic set in. Her eyes widen in fear, she tightens her hands up into a fist, her breathing fasten as her eyes search the room that was actually not bad, in fact, it looked quite nice.

That's when the door to the room opened, making her head snap towards it, almost stumbling out of the nice bed in fear of what a Pirate would do to her. The person in question was what looked to be what looked like the same boy from what she believes to have seen, the boy had the same flaming red hair and that strawhat, but she didn't recognize some blue haired boy with a odd Nose that looked like some red ball. The two boys and her just stare at eachother for a moment, before the blue head yelled out

"I THOUGHT SHE WAS STILL GOING TO BE ASLEEP?!? AND WHATS WITH THOSE WINGS SHANKS?!?"

"What?!? Who are you people?!? Are you pirates going to— to kill me?!?" She bursts out with her eyes wide, tears of panic formed in the corner of her eyes, by now she had fallen off her bed and onto her rearend, before she scouted herself into the wall, a fearful look over her face. "Don't be scared! Name's Shanks and this is Buggy! Are you feeling better?" Shanks asks with a grin while the boy named Buggy looked skeptical of the girl, more so due to the pair of wings she had on her back.

Kei blinks as she stared at the two boys with weary and unknowingness, "w— where am i" she says, not as quiet and fearful as before, more so she was skeptical and weary of them, Shanks gives her a grin, "your on the best pirate crews ever ship— this is Captain Roger's ship!" Shanks brags to her, making her brows shoot up in shock of the name she recognizes as a infamous Pirate by the name Gol D. Roger, a nuisance to the world government. A organization she hated.

"Really??" She says in surprise, no longer stuttering this time, the red head crossed his arms over his chest, nodding pridefully. Making her let a breath out, staring at the two boys who were about the same age as hers, which made her much more surprised, "does that mean... that your pirates also?" She asks the two, her guard weakening into curiosity.

"Of course we are!!— hold on! What's your name wingy??" Buggy asks this time, his eyes sharpening at her, the nickname he gave her made her blink before she furrowed her brows and pouted, her cheeks looking like a hamster's, "wingy?!? Is that a insult??"

"Of course it is!"

The boys respose made her make a huff of irritation, her guard let down. She raises her hand, pointing at him with her pointer finger directed at his clown nose, "that's rude y'know!! I'm not insulting that clown nose of yours!!" She yelled at him, her words make the boy gain a visible irk mark, "WHAT'D YOU SAY ABOUT MY NOSE?!?" Buggy went to lunge, though he got his waist grabbed by shanks, holding the boy back

"YOU INSULTED ME FIRST!!" She gapes, standing up with her hands balled up into fists, a angered expression over her face with her eyes sharpened and a visible irk mark on her cheek.

"SO WHAT?!? SHANKS LET GO SO I CAN BEAT HER ASS!!" Buggy yelled at shanks, trying to squirm out of the strawhat wearing one's head. And just as kei took a step forward, the door swung open, causing even the angered Buggy to look over to see the First mate of the Roger Pirates; Rayleigh, who blinked as he looked at the three kids. The blonde man's presence made Kei immediately freeze up, fear returning as she realized that she was on a pirate ship for God's sake.

"Seems you've awoken, Shanks, Buggy— go get Crocus." He tells the two boys, and while Shanks gave Kei a warm grin as he waved goodbye and left, buggy gave her a glare before being dragged out by shanks, causing him to bicker to the red head.

Rayleigh looks back down at her again, the pair looking at eachother. She closes her eyes fearfully just as the older blonde's lips parted again to say something too her, fearful that he was going to say something like 'oh? Nice wings— i wonder what they'll taste like??'

"Hey... do you want to go get food, or no?"

*
——
1200 words