𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝟤

TESSA

TESSA

"Tessa sweetheart! It's time for you to wake up.", Miss Wallis said in a singsonging voice on an annoyingly early Monday morning.

I groaned in annoyance, rolling over into my side. I was on the verge of falling asleep again when she pushed open the curtains, blinding me with the sunlight.

"Tessa. Today is your first day of Chilton private school. You must wake up." She insisted.

Although I wanted nothing more then to sleep till the next Ice Age, I still forced myself out of bed. I didn't want to give Miss Wallis aka my dad's girlfriend any trouble.

"There is breakfast downstairs.", she announced with a smile on her face before disappearing out my door. She had to wake up Katie. She is probably nearly asleep as I am.

The only thing that I would get out for was the food. Waffles or pancakes would do the trick.

Do it for the food, Tessa.

I trudged onto my closet door to get dressed for school. I had picked out my clothes the day before: my Chilton uniform which was a blue and white plaid shirt, blue blouse, navy blue tie with a blue sweater vest and for my shoes I was wearing the new popular Air Force Ones which was the only thing I probably wore on my feet.

My hair was already straight so I just brushed it so that it was sleek and shiny. I only put on some mascara,
Which was was about as much as effort as I could put into makeup. I was definitely not a beauty guru but I still looked decent so that's all what matters.

I smiled and took one last look in the mirror before getting breakfast.

I bounced downstairs and into the kitchen where dad was already dressed for work and eating a plate of bacon and eggs.

"Good morning sweetheart how did you sleep." Miss Wallis asked while pulling a plate of food for me down.
Dad looked at me waiting for me to reply to her. "It was good." I responded
"Come sit I made eggs and bacon." She said putting in a chair.

"Thank you." I sat down at the kitchen table two seats away from dad. "You are very much welcome my dear." She said.

"Where's Katie?" I asked "She already left for school." Miss Wallis replied.

I devoured my meal eagerly before rushing up stairs back to my bedroom. I made sure I brushed my teeth three times and gathered my school supplies. Then I slung the strap of my black colored backpack over my shoulders and walked out of the room.

———-

Wallis began to drive as I looked at the window of the car, watching the upscale neighborhood transform into the colorful little downtown stops. They reminded me of the ones I had back at home well the home before I moved here.

AGE 7 //

I shut the car door of my mom's mini van and ran down to the sidewalk.
"Ice cream, Ice cream we all sing for ice cream!!" I yelled in joy.