chapter one

Before

Aurora left her hotel room behind and took on her first trip exploring the beautiful streets of Andorra La Vella. She passed little local shops and stopped at a small cafe in the corner of a street.

She took a look around the place and sat at a table near the window so she could keep seeing the people outside and the beautiful streets that surrounded her. As she was picking what to eat, the jingle of the doorbell announced the arrival of a tall brunette. Rory looked up but quickly looked back down when her gaze briefly met the stranger's.

Charles went into the café with the goal of picking up a coffee to go and a small treat to eat in the park before wandering off for the day, but when he saw the brunette girl sitting by herself he knew he had to stay. He looked around for a place to sit, but he was feeling bold that day so he approached the table Rory was at.

"Mind if I sit?" Rory signed for him to sit with a small smile on her face, surprising even Charles.

Okay, the situation may be a little weird, a random guy just walked into the café and asked to sit at her table. At a normal time Rory would have probably said no, but she was on vacation and she had decided that this time around she would let herself live and make the most out of this vacation.

The interaction was unconventional, to say the least, but there was something about Charles that intrigued her. Aurora found herself drawn to his easy charm and magnetic presence. And Charles found himself attracted by her soft nature and captivating smile.

"I'm Charles Leclerc." He extended his hand to her.

"Aurora Delgado." He picked up her hand and gave it a little kiss.

"May I ask what a beautiful girl like you is doing here all alone?"

"Starting with the compliments already, uhn?" she let out a little laugh, "I came to have breakfast before going to explore for the day, until you interrupted me."

Charles' whole demeanor changed, "Oh, if I'm interrupting you, I can just go..."

Aurora laughed and grabbed his hand, gently caressing it, "I'm kidding with you. I was actually going to spend the whole day alone so spending it with someone else sounds fun." She softly smiled at him and he couldn't look away, not even if he tried.

The pair ended up combining their two plans together, they got breakfast to go and ate at a park close by that Charles had discovered the day before and spent the whole day exploring the city and getting to know one another.

Now

"So, Charles, ready for a new season?" Rory asked, still holding Charles hand.

"Very prepared, let's see if it goes better than the last one," He gave her a small sad smile. Rory squeezed his hand softly, he had told her about the problems he had had last season.

"It's going to be better, and if you need me I will be here ready to kick the ass of everyone that makes it a bad season." Charles let out a soft chuckle, "That's what friends are for right?"

His smile faded slightly, "Sure."

"Charles!" The pair looked behind Charles and saw that Carlos was calling his teammate.

"I should go," he let go of her hand reluctantly and stretched it slightly.

"Yeah, you know where to find me."

"What was that?" Carlos asked the moment Charles was at his side.

"What was what?"

"You and the new medical team member."

"Aurora?"

"I guess."

"Nothing," Charles rubbed the back of his neck praying that Carlos wouldn't notice the blush that was starting to make its way to his checks, "I was just being a good person and making sure that she felt welcomed to the team."

"Uh, okay." Carlos looked at him with narrowed eyes, "Now more important things, how was the off the grid holidays?"

"Amazing," A smile made its way to Charles lips while he remembered the time that he spent with Aurora, "it was fun to meet a whole new country. And you? How was Spain?"

"Same old, same old, but it was good to see the family again..."

While Carlos recounted his summer events, the countless meetings with his aunts, the trips he did around Spain with his parents and his siblings, Charles was only focused on Rory. He knew that they had both agreed that being just friends was the best decision for now, that putting a relationship in the middle of all of the drama that usually happened in the paddock and the fact that Rory was just starting a new job would be too much, but man he couldn't stop staring at her.

The first time he met Rory the attraction was pure physical, he saw her, thought she was beautiful and approached her. But as time progressed and they started spending even more time together, Charles realized that she was even more beautiful on the inside and that she was in his life with the purpose of lighting up his days and making them better.

Aurora, on the other hand, was oblivious to Charles' stare and kept on talking with her new colleagues while always playing with the charms of her bracelet. Everyone seemed excited to work with her and were welcoming her with open arms, even the medical teams that worked with each team. The only people she had yet to meet were the ones that worked with Ferrari.

And as that thought crossed her mind, they arrived at the circle where everyone else was. They started talking with the people that they already knew, so it was up to Aurora to make the introductions happen. Maybe they didn't even know that she was starting today.

"Hi," She started as she approached the man from behind, "I'm Aurora." The man quickly turned around.

"Aurora?"

"Alejandro?"

Hope you are all liking it so far xx