chapter seven

Before

"Let me take you out on a date."

"What?" Aurora lifted her head from Charles' chest and stared at him with wide eyes.

He put a piece of hair behind her ear. "Let me take you out on a date." he replied with a smirk on his face.

Aurora sat up looking directly at Charles. "We have been having dinner together everyday and spending almost all of the days together."

"But," he pulled her so she would be on top of him, "we haven't had a proper date and I want that, I want to give you a proper date."

His lips gently touched hers and he stared at her with a lazy smile, Rory just bit her lip hiding away a smirk. "If I say yes, what would this date consist of?"

"Whatever you wish, ma chérie."

Now

"Morning." Rory sat next to Charles giving him a kiss on the cheek.

After they talked in the car they had both agreed that they would both sleep on it and come back to talk about everything the next day. Rory however barely slept, all she could think about the whole night was the way that they had got together when they were on vacation and the way Charles had just accepted to be her fake boyfriend.

It was weird right? The way he had jumped at the chance to do it and didn't even take time to think it through and she had to be the one to suggest it. Because if they were going to actually do it there would be bigger repercussions especially for Charles.

"Morning, Sunshine." he kissed her cheek back.

"Sunshine?" A smile grew on her face and a redness made its way to her cheeks. "That's a new one."

"Decided to try new things. But if you don't like it I won't use it again."

"I love it." she smiled and took a bite of the croissant he had set up on her plate.

"How did you sleep?"

"Not that well, I spent the whole night tossing and turning."

"Me too." they looked at each other, it was time to talk. "What I said last night... I want to do it."

"You sure?" Rory asked, biting her lower lip.

Charles nodded, his expression serious yet determined. "I'm in Rory. I think it could work, and I'm willing to take on whatever comes our way." He reached for her hand and gave it a little squeeze.

Rory's heart fluttered with a mix of apprehension and excitement. She knew the potential risks of their plan, but she also felt happy that if she was doing this with someone she was at least doing this with her Charlie. "Okay, then, if you are sure, let's do it."

Charles smiled at Rory which she contributed and they spent the next hour discussing the logistics of their fake relationship, mapping out a plan to ensure they could maintain everything convincing. In the middle of the plans both couldn't avoid the memories of their past relationship coming to mind.

"So, are we using our time in Andorra as the story of how everything started."

Charles smiled. "Yeah, I kinda already told your dad that, so we better stick to it."

"Oh, I know." Rory ran her fingers through her hair. "I don't know what I was thinking when I told him that we have been together for 2 months. And telling them that Matteo already knows. He probably doesn't even properly know who you are."

"Ouch."

"I mean he knows, it's just..."

Seeing that Rory was ready to start rambling Charles interrupted. "Chérie, I know what you meant, don't worry."

Rory and Charles smiled at each other. An intimate and knowing smile. However, Rory couldn't shake the feeling that there was something more she needed to say. "Charles, I just want to make sure you know that I appreciate you doing this for me. I know it's asking a lot, and I don't want to drag you into anything you're not comfortable with."

Charles reached across the table, taking her hand in his. "Rory, I'm doing this because I want to. Not just for you, but because I genuinely enjoy spending time with you."

His words sent a warm flutter through Rory's chest, and she found herself smiling despite her lingering doubts. Maybe, just maybe, this crazy plan could actually work. "But, if at any given moment you want out, just tell me, we will be friends either way."

Charles' smile faded a little bit. "Friends, right."

Smaller chapter, but this was until where I had everything planned, now let's see what comes next. If you have any suggestions drop them below or dm me. XoXo