Chapter Sixteen: School Festival

It has been a month since the raid. During that time, the five of us who were part of the raid attended Sir Nighteyes' funeral with The Big Three. It was hard, but I'm glad we were able to say goodbye one last time. Especially Izuku.

It can't be easy to lose a mentor.

My best friend realized I felt partly to blame for Sir Nighteyes death, even though I wasn't even there. We were talking the night before the funeral, and I let it slip that if I had been there, I could have used my ability to save him. Sobs racked through my body as I cried, thinking I could have done more. The tears finally stopped after Izuku reassured me it was okay.

"If I hadn't jumped out to save Mr. Aizawa, I could have been there with you guys. I could have healed Sir Nighteye enough to save him. He wouldn't be dead!"

Izuku hugged my body close to him while rubbing circles on my back, letting me sob into his chest. He didn't say anything when the tears started to soak through his shirt. "It's not your fault. Please don't feel that way."

"But..."

"N/n-chan," Izuku speaks softly, lifting my chin to look me in the eyes. "If you hadn't been with Kirishima, he might not have made it. You did save someone that day."

My eyes widened at the thought. Izuku is completely right. I may not have been able to help the pro hero, but I was able to save someone else that day. That's all that matters.

We held hands the entire funeral, making sure the other knew we were both there for each other.

It was decided then that the work studies should be put on hold for a while. As much as I didn't want the work study to end, I understand why they decided this. We all wanted to deny it, but the truth was, none of us were mentally ready for this kind of thing yet.

Kirishima and I have stopped hanging out like we used to. We still hang out with the group together, but we no longer do anything with just the two of us. Instead, I've been spending more time hanging out with Mina, Sero, and Kaminari. Since my brother refuses to help those three study anymore, I've been doing group study sessions with them. Kirishima went back to studying with Katsuki once again.

Now we are in class, getting ready for another boring school day. I watch as Mina stretches out her arms and legs, wondering what she's up to.

"Hey, guys! C'mere! Check this!" Music starts playing, and Mina begins dancing along to it. Soon, she's breakdancing on the floor. Thankfully, she has on a pair of black spandex shorts under her skirt. "I'm a breakdancing queen!"

"Oh wow! I didn't know you could dance like that!" I say, studying her moves carefully. Dancing isn't too much different than gymnastics in skill and flexibility.

Yet, I suck at it.

Sero and Hagakure cheer along with me, also impressed.

Minetas' voice can be heard loud and clear throughout the noisy classroom. "Why're you wearing shorts underneath your skirt!"

An irritated growl leaves my mouth. 'That Goddamn creep!' I face my palm in his direction and let a large Water Ball form around his head. Only drowning him slightly.

"Hey, I think you might be going overboard," Sero says, placing a hand on my shoulder, cutting off my thoughts of killing the small bastard.

I let out a small 'tch'. "He totally deserves it." I drop my hand despite my words, my quirk releasing as a result.

"When will you learn to stop being such a creep!" Hagakure bonks Mineta on the head with both hands.

"I bet Ashido's dancing skills end up being super useful in hand to hand combat. When it comes to a fight, she would have complete control over every part of her body." Izuku mutters, going full nerd mode. "Huh, maybe I should take up dancing, too."