Side quest

(A/n):(Imagine there's something witty here.)

________________________________________________________________________________

What Yaga had failed to tell you was that before you could embark on this new mission you had to complete a much less interesting and much less important mission.

"(L/n)," A voice calls from behind you as you impatiently wait at a bus stop.

You turn around and see a boy your age with blonde hair that falls over one side of his face dressed in a Jujutsu tech uniform what looks like a small guitar case draped over his shoulder as he holds the strap with on hand his other hand placed on his hip.

"Nanami," you look at him slightly annoyed by him calling you by your last name, "You know I told you you can call me (Y/n), right?"

"Like I've said before, I prefer to be proper and call you by your last name," he explains joining you at the bus stop, "Nonetheless, I see you're early," he looks you up and down seemingly studying you, "is everything alright?"

"I- what the hell does that mean!?" You ask offended by his question, "So what I decide to show up early once, why the hell would that mean somethings wrong with me!?"

"Well, you're missing your pole arm," he point to your shoulder where you normally carry your case for your pole arm when you go on missions, "Is that what's bothering you?"

"No, Haibara's borrowing it," you look out towards the empty street, "Kusakabe's supposed to be bringing me a cursed tool when he arrives-"

"So you're nervous because he's yet to arrive with your weapon?" He inquires cutting you off.

"Yeah," you look around for Kusakabe hoping that he'd show up soon as the bus would be there any minute, "where the hell is he!?"

"I'm right here, sorry I'm late!" You turn your attention to the source of the voice and see a boy your age with brown hair wearing a suit running towards you, he carries a bundle of cloth covering what you assume is his katana on his shoulder the brown leather strap stretching diagonally across his torso. In his hand he carries what looks like a metal guitar case being around the same size as the bundle of fabric on his back, "Here you go, you're weapon as promised."

You snatch the case from his hand, "took you long enough," the bus arrives hissing as it stops and it's doors swing open, "Come on, let's go."

You go to step on the bus but stop as you feel someone pull on your arm and look back to see Kusakabe.

"shouldn't we wait for Gojo and Geto-Sama?" He asks nervously his hand shaking as he holds onto your arm, he's never going to get any girls if he keeps acting like that.

"We'll be fine, they're already at the scene," you pull your arm away and continuing walking onto the bus Nanami and Kusakabe following suit, "They said they'd intervene if anything goes wrong."

"So they'll sit on the sidelines and watch while we do all the work," Nanami interprets.

"yep," you agree taking a seat on the bus setting the metal case underneath your seat as Nanami and Kusakabe sit down next to you.

The bus' engine kicks into action as the wheels begin to turn and the bus begins moving the wind outside brushing against the window as people in the bus make idle chit chat the buildings outside the windows blending together in a blurry after image as the bus passes them.

"Who are those guys?" You had a faint whispering and look over to see a group of girls dressed in uniform for a school you don't recognize.

"I don't know, but they look so cute," a girl with brown hair pulled into a bun squeals in excitement as you try to ignore the group. God they suck at whispering, I wonder who they're talking about.